Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
DrPhibes

Interesting hidden places Chiang Mai

Recommended Posts

Another poster gave me an idea.  Not sure it has been done.  Looking for pics of interesting out of the way places hidden in CM.  If done before, please don't flame me, just point me in the right direction.

 

Where in Chiang Mai...20170429_123407sm.jpg.7304a6aa86b1f58cf0675c7e242cfd5d.jpg20170803_133829sm.jpg.1d0000b4354148cf8d78408e79275e9d.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/social-pics/opening-of-hidden-village/


 

Quote

 

The Theme Park is open from 9am until 6pm.

It is located next to Elephant Parade Land, between the Super Highway and the Inner Ring road.

For directions; from Meechok Plaza head towards City Hall on the Inner Ring road and it is set back on your left hand side before the river // alternatively – from the Super Highway take the small road that runs parallel with the river (on the left) heading towards the Inner Ring road – continue for approx 4 km – temple on the right – turn right down the small soi.

For Further info telephone 064-440-0305 [email protected]

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Ask one of these guys ?

FB_IMG_1498139085030.jpg

Now that was funny, like Gary Larsen funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 0:49 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Start at Chiang Mai or Thapae Gate, and head into the old city. Explore the back sois. Take a day to do it.

Also, walk around the old city. Used to be able to climb the wall on the corners, but signs have been put up banning it, unfortunately.

Restaurants almost everywhere, so meals and snacks no problem.

 

Along the Ping from Wanarot market south is interesting. Take a river cruise from the Wat. Google Ping River cruises.

 

Take a blue songtheaw from Wanarot market to Lamphun and back. Very old temple in Lamphun, and some nice restaurants on the river. A samlor driver will be happy to take you on a tour.

 

Royal Flora worth a day. The wat on the hill near the Royal Flora is better, IMO, that Doi Suthep.

Nice ideas but decrying the ban on climbing ancient artifacts is a bit bad. This is history that can be easily destroyed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elgenon said:

Nice ideas but decrying the ban on climbing ancient artifacts is a bit bad. This is history that can be easily destroyed.

LOL.

The bricks are NOT old. The corner walls are a reconstruction using bricks from last century.

Also not possible to damage them merely by walking on them.

If they care so much, why don't they take more care of it? The excavation site is a disgrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elgenon said:

Nice ideas but decrying the ban on climbing ancient artifacts is a bit bad. This is history that can be easily destroyed.

Quite so. Well said sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL.

The bricks are NOT old. The corner walls are a reconstruction using bricks from last century.

Also not possible to damage them merely by walking on them.

If they care so much, why don't they take more care of it? The excavation site is a disgrace.

Feet/shoes are not to touch things that are respected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 0:49 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Start at Chiang Mai or Thapae Gate, and head into the old city. Explore the back sois. Take a day to do it.

Also, walk around the old city. Used to be able to climb the wall on the corners, but signs have been put up banning it, unfortunately.

Restaurants almost everywhere, so meals and snacks no problem.

 

Along the Ping from Wanarot market south is interesting. Take a river cruise from the Wat. Google Ping River cruises.

 

Take a blue songtheaw from Wanarot market to Lamphun and back. Very old temple in Lamphun, and some nice restaurants on the river. A samlor driver will be happy to take you on a tour.

 

Royal Flora worth a day. The wat on the hill near the Royal Flora is better, IMO, that Doi Suthep.

Beyond Doing Suthep is a palace Bhubing www.bhubingpalace.org

  Grand Canyon is cool and I agree Royal Flora,  Erotic Garden in the Mae Rim  both well worth visiting. Along the way to Mae Rim is the Mountain People Village and a nice Elephant retirement park.

Edited by earlinclaifornia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 14 December 2017 03:41
Sponsors
×