Thailand Forum
webfact

Pattaya police arrest 12 women from Uganda

webfact    24,332

Pattaya police round up suspected prostitutes

By The Nation

558a6ba0da0326a7e5356fb90df39e9f-sld.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Twelve women from Uganda were arrested on Walking Street in Pattaya early Friday and charged with prostitution.

Twenty police officers involved in a crackdown that began at 3am allegedly found the Ugandan women soliciting clients for sex.

Pol Lt Col Korn Somkhaney said Pattaya police station, where he is deputy chief, would be running regular patrols to arrest prostitutes, especially foreign ones.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326128

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-08
  • Like 1

kotsak    3,464

"Pol Lt Col Korn Somkhaney said Pattaya police station, where he is deputy chief, would be running regular patrols to arrest prostitutes, especially foreign ones."

Ah, right.. The locals are good to go..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LazySlipper    554

I dunno... I would rather spice up my life with a Thai hottie than a Ugandan lady. 

"Sex workers and HIV in Uganda. HIV prevalence among sex workers was estimated to be between 35% and 37% in 2014.13 This figure is a harsh reminder of the HIV epidemic among sex workers – it is more than the highest national average among the general population in sub-Saharan Africa (Swaziland - 27.4%)."

"In Thailand, HIV prevalence is far greater among male sex workers than female. In 2014, of the estimated 141,769 sex workers in Thailand, HIV prevalence was approximately 12% among male sex workers and 2% among female sex workers.1920 However, urban settings have shown to yield exceptionally high HIV prevalence among female sex workers, such as 20% in Bangkok.21"

• Like 1

smedly    15,188

and of course they will be immediately deported ............................not

if you want to stay .........pay, I believe the figure is 30k baht every 3 months

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Baerboxer    20,202
2 hours ago, kotsak said:

Ah, right.. The locals are good to go..

"to arrest prostitutes, especially foreign ones."

Have issues with comprehending English do we?

• Haha 1

natway09    1,036

When they are finished bring 4 big buses down the Sukhumvit Soi 4 & clear them out too

The local girls are finding it hard to fund Issan 

Bangkok Barry    2,316

I wonder who these foreign women appeal to? Anyone have any idea? I also wonder what the appeal is of the East European ladies attired in long evening dresses who dance in the upstairs windows of a couple of bars on Walking Street. They always attract a large number of starers. Again, why? What is the appeal?

• Like 2

transam    24,460
2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wonder who these foreign women appeal to? Anyone have any idea? I also wonder what the appeal is of the East European ladies attired in long evening dresses who dance in the upstairs windows of a couple of bars on Walking Street. They always attract a large number of starers. Again, why? What is the appeal?

A posh dinner ending with a glass of Port and a nice cigar....?

• Confused 1

Jingthing    34,173

I enjoy the diversity of seeing some lovely African ladies walking the streets for a change. I'm sorry to see them go. I've never found the African ladies to be overly aggressive or abusive towards my non-interest as the local sex workers often are. They add to the cosmopolitan flavor of this great Thai city. Maybe someday we'll have an Ethiopian restaurant here, but yes I know, I hope for too  much.

On another note, these ladies have their African counterparts in the male department. They seem to mostly be from Madagascar for some unknown reason. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

maxcorrigan    281
48 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think you will find most of the gawkers are orientals Japanese Chinese Thai etc. [ could be wrong been a long time since i meandered down Walking Street

• Like 1

Rimmer    4,233

A vulgar troll post has been removed

8 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Yes. Clear them out. The World has gone to sleep and forgotten about the HIV disaster that is African emigration. Keep them in Africa.

I doubt if they keep them in Africa just as they didn't keep you in your country of origin. And if they going after prostitutes they should round them all up including all the Thai prostitutes or "boyfriend finders"  as they prefer to be called. 

• Like 2