Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Rimmer

Motorcyclists fined 1,000 baht for using tunnel

2 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

f i i k

a fiik'n dumbfiik fiikhead actually did the very same deed in the Burnley Toll Tunnel in Melbourne, back in 2011

His defence was that he was a tourist :)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

MEMO: To motorcycle drivers.

If using the Sukhumvut tunnel, it is recommended that you  draw your sword or long knife before entering.  You can save 900 Bhat if caught.

Fine for tunnel B1000 vs B100 for swords.

for tunnel B1000  B100 for swords.  = ??

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

MEMO: To motorcycle drivers.

If using the Sukhumvut tunnel, it is recommended that you  draw your sword or long knife before entering.  You can save 900 Bhat if caught.

Fine for tunnel B1000 vs B100 for swords.

I don't remember seeing a sign that said, "NO SWORDS"  Has it just been erected in the last couple of days?

• Like 1

Why the sympathy ??  They're banned simple as. Pleased its 1000 baht rather than 200 might make 1 or 2 take on board that rules are for everyone whether they agree or not

• Confused 1

Not getting 50% discount when paying cash on the spot without getting a receipt this time ???

dear ezzra

The speed limit inside the tunnel is 80 kilometers per hour and stopping inside the underpass is prohibited.

that is the minimum speed limit  (thailand posts minimum speed limits not maxis same rest of the world} and from the look of your motorbike i dont think you can keep up. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Pattaya spokesman Pinit Maneerat noted that motorbikes, tuk-tuks, and carts are not allowed to use the tunnel as there is no dedicated lane for them.

Can't they just ride on the footpath?

:whistling:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Yes, motorcyclists can be a pain at times but they can't do as much damage, injury or death as the following:-

Car & truck drivers:- pulling out in front of you from side soi's, all along sukhumvit rd & overtaking you within the same lane, leaving inches between you.

Minivan drivers:- Driving fast up behind you, leaving inches of a gap, trying to force you to change lane. Once past, you see them sweeping over 3 lanes left before sweeping across 3 lanes right.

Also dont forget car, minivan & truck drivers who are seen blocking 3 lanes of traffic whilst attempting a u turn. 

Of course, all these car, truck & minivan drivers I ignore as I ride past them whilst they are stopped at a red light and I'm at the front of the queue again on my bike, lol.

Enjoy your time at the front. Here's another thing that motorbikes are leading the rest of us road users on.

AccidentsByTypeOfVehicle.gif.a8e2af270a4c47eab4836be6f550100c.gif

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Sig said:

Prohibiting all motorcycles from tunnels and bridges is simply idiotic. It provides no safety benefits (unless considering incapable car drivers who don't know how to stay in their own lane and often nearly push motorcycles out of their lane and in tunnels and on bridges, the space for a motorcycle being pushed out of their lane is very limited) and it could easily be argued that it causes safety issues by sending motorcycles into other lanes and intersections where accidents are much more probable than tunnels or bridges. And if they say that no lane is provided for motorcycles... then with that logic, motorcycles shouldn't be allowed to drive almost anywhere since they don't have designated lanes anywhere else! It does however provide opportunity to collect more revenue and waste police officers' time stopping drivers who are not driving unsafely and ignoring all of the insane van and truck drivers and numerous cars that drive far too fast and dangerously.

Here's one for you too.

MoreAccidentsByTypeOfVehicle.gif.1dd9bed1d69d260adf9ba68a76cf8907.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meinphuket said:

Motorcyclists are a pain at the best of times on roads, imagine the carnage underground with nowhere to escape to. Keep bikes out of tunnels, and off motorways please.

Push bikes, and three wheel food vehicles etc are a pain.

Low powered M/Cs should not be allowed on highways, but anything over 250cc should be allowed.

BiB just use this obsolete law as an excuse to extort money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Enjoy your time at the front. Here's another thing that motorbikes are leading the rest of us road users on.

AccidentsByTypeOfVehicle.gif.a8e2af270a4c47eab4836be6f550100c.gif

Motorbike riders are well aware of how dangerous it is.

But waving at some HI-So in his ฿10m "Porch" as I go past is fun.

We have to deal with the inconsiderate car drivers every day.

Don't ask, I have had fast cars too...

:wai:

• Like 2