Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Rimmer

Motorcyclists fined 1,000 baht for using tunnel

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Look, I'm very sorry but if you can't afford a car stay off the roads,

I drive a car too - but I drive BIG BIKES since 1977 and I still like to do it - I sure not harass you,

so soon I pass you :wink:

15220261_1227382553966701_1962364380996886479_n.jpg

In the UK i think you can't go on a motorway unless 125cc or above, so some logic to them restricting some bikes

46 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

In the UK i think you can't go on a motorway unless 125cc or above, so some logic to them restricting some bikes

Here in Thailand - all Motorbikes, even very BIG BIKES are not allowed on the Special Highways and Tollways 

we not have that in EU  :smile:

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

... have excellent spatial awareness gifted by dint of your superior non-Thai genes. ...

The only bike wreck I had in Thailand, I wasn't wearing superior genes.  But I did have on my Superman costume.  Due to excellent spatial awareness, I aimed and hit that Honda 50 broadside between the driver's and passenger's legs.  I flew over the handlebars and landed on the downslope of a nearby ditch. 

An off topic troll post also a personal attack and reply have all been removed.

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

Standard answer from the anti-biker brigade. Get them off the road because we get annoyed in traffic jams as they can get through small spaces and we can't. I paid 750,000 or 4,000,000 for my car and have to sit and watch 'cheap' motorbikes manage to carry on moving. 

It's not the bikes, it's the idiots riding them that are the problem.

Ask anyone in the UK or USA where a bike should be positioned on the road and almost all will say on the left of the lane. Totally wrong answer. It should be in the centre of the lane, ( as we call it, right down the diesel line ) paid road tax, paid insurance same as a car driver so perfectly entitled to be on the road.

Re here, I just don't understand the thinking behind the stay left, don't use the under/over pass..

quite right.  the best advice given to me many years ago when I started biking was to treat myself as a small car; centre of the lane, out of the gutter, don't undertake anyone or anything, dont sit in the blind spot of a driver in front. . Trouble is, such rules just don't apply here, and it catches out many car driving farangs,  who rent but don't understand the environment.  

• Like 1

Just now, overherebc said:

Around my way the time I really try to avoid driving is 4 to 6pm.

The roads are full of kids on the way home 3 to 5 on a bike and mum's buying local food in the two or three food stall areas.

Very rare to see a helmet or a pair of gloves even ( it's automatic to put your hands on the road if you come off ).

None of them even think about about road rules or what side of the road they should be on, why do they paint those funny white lines on the road etc????.

At least 5 times a week I hear the body snatchers pass by. I hate to think of the injury, or worse, figures in this area.

that is a scary time, I too avoid it if I can

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

that is a scary time, I too avoid it if I can

I mentioned in an earlier post about the maximum death rate being between 4 PM and 8 PM. I didn't make it up as it was a well-publicized finding from their last '7 days of death' analysis.

• Like 1

An inflammatory post has been reported and removed.

21 minutes ago, overherebc said:

At least 5 times a week I hear the body snatchers pass by. I hate to think of the injury, or worse, figures in this area.

At least 5 times a day here, and probably more like 10 but I dont always hear them. (Busy road)

On 08/09/2017 at 0:27 PM, sn1per said:

haha, that didn't take long, another good earner for the bib.... happy daze

What do you expect when motorists dont follow the rules...." He said numerous signs clearly point out what vehicles are and aren’t allowed through the underpass, but drivers are simply ignoring them."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I mentioned in an earlier post about the maximum death rate being between 4 PM and 8 PM. I didn't make it up as it was a well-publicized finding from their last '7 days of death' analysis.

I was passing the Austrian/ Thai College in Pattaya last week at going  home time.  It was like a swarm of locusts on bikes pouring out onto the road, and yet the pick ups were still passing at warp factor 10 in the outside lane .  I suppose they consider themselves safe from hitting anyone there.  Te Police were in attendance but doing nothing to slow down the traffic. Needless to day, I crawled by. 

• Like 2