Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 January 2019 14:41

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Man killed in brawl over 'smelly' noodles

IF this story is true, it has to be the MOST MEANINGLESS reason ever to kill a fellow human being.... 

Oh, I don't know...there will be more meaningless murders for sure. Last year a security guard was killed over a 20 Baht loan for lunch.

15 hours ago, johng said:

Ironic that a person named "nice smell" was killed over a bad smell. R.I.P

Yess? it is fragrance/perfume, congratulation for your sense of observation :clap2:

it starts at school. teachers beating the shit out of a 'disrespectful ' students, then is transferred @home where kids are left to being fed by granny, then growing up in an environment which 'understands' their ' struggle' and the struggle begins, without basic social skill, anger management and a deep rooted low self esteem.....a deadly cocktail in society which appears on a daily bases in the news!

The police had a chance to deescalate the situation and didn't . In a lawless society  its people make their own laws.

There is a video of the beating on Facebook. The victim took a hell of a beating and was still getting up. The victim of more untreated mental illness ......

Yes, I agree with others that when neighbors frequently argue it is bound to turn nasty at some point...but killing? No! It seems to me that there are are only two modes here, don't care and hooligan mode with no in between. 

Only in Thailand will the cooking cuisine and its smells be taken this seriously.

A 95% of Thai population requires, is in despate need of anger management and this invludes my wife,so,believe you all me when I say: I know what I am talking about 

actual noodles are not smelly but the sauce-added ingredients they are cooked in very well could be

is the term "retard" obsolete related to political correctness?   does storing food in the freezer not retard bacterial growth?

re; political correctness...  unanimity of speech and thought has a chilling effect on society especially what are supposed to be free and open ones. 

33 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

There is a video of the beating on Facebook. The victim took a hell of a beating and was still getting up. The victim of more untreated mental illness ......

Yet another reason to avoid facebook. 

11 minutes ago, smew said:

Only in Thailand will the cooking cuisine and its smells be taken this seriously.

A 95% of Thai population requires, is in despate need of anger management and this invludes my wife,so,believe you all me when I say: I know what I am talking about 

Luckily my wife is in the 5%, I sympathise :smile:

2 hours ago, pattayadon said:

"Retard" is an obsolete and extremely offensive word!! Try using a thesaurus.

I think being offensive was the point of their post. 

10 hours ago, baboon said:

"Police said Somchai and his neighbours often quarrelled."

There is clearly far more to the story than the smell of noodles. Nor is baseball a particularly popular sport in this fine nation....

He was killed after shouting at the mother, not over the smell of noodles. The headline is misleading and that merely began the problem. And baseball bats are only used to attack people in the Land of Smiles, not for sport.

Actually the headline is totally false and very poor journalism.

I'm not saying that the killing was a massive over reaction by out of control people but the facts are that:-

The argument over smelly noodles was on the Thursday and was somewhat pacified. The killing on the Friday was over something Somchai shouted at someone's mother. Clearly taken as a gross insult.

Sorry to spoil the noodle party.