BANGKOK 18 October 2018 21:43
AJBangkok

Kodi not loading tv shows or movies

Since yesterday I have not been able to load and play any tv shows on Kodi. I've tried covenent, specto, 1 channel and even exodus and while all the addons open normally when you try to open any list of tv shows or seasons or individual shows it slows right down and takes up to 5 minutes to open . Same goes when searching for a tv show.

Normal live tv streams are unaffected.

I've tried 2 complete reinstallations of Kodi and the addons I use on my 2 windows machines and the same on my Nivida shield.

As it's happening on both windows and android systems I'm wondering if it's my isp AIS fiber doing something. My internet speed is ok but just tv shows and movies are unaccessable

anyone having a similar problem?

13 hours ago, AJBangkok said:

I've tried covenent, specto, 1 channel and even exodus

Covenant still works for me. I didn't think the others you mentioned were functioning anymore?

working like a boss. 

was there anything significant you did prior to the incident? Like updates etc.

No, nothing. I originally thought it may have been a windows update but I am also running a Nivida Shield which is android so it couldn't be that. I tried every addon that downloads tv shows and while they all opened the they couldn't access the actual database of tv shows or movies on the addons. Thats why I'm thinking it could be AIS  fiber related 

Mine is working OK on both Windows 10 and Android.

Are you running Kodi 17.4?

Updated all your video addons?

System date and time correct? (This is a common cause of addons not finding any listings/sources)

I find that the most consistent performing addon these days is Maverick, although Covenant, Elysium, Bob Unleashed, and UK Turks are also good performers.

Ok I found out the problem is AIS fiber they must be blocking me in some way so that I can't use kodi to stream tv shows or movies. The regular internet works fine but whenever I try to open a menu in kodi that lists tv shows or movies i get the spinning wheel which either goes for 5-10 minutes or just times out.

i did call AIS and ask if they were blocking my account but they didn't know and offered to reset it. They did and nothing changed. Still no tv shows or movies.

I went on the net and found a 3 day free trial for a vpn  (saferVPN) signed up installed the software and connected to Singapore ( the Thai server didn't work ). I then opened kodi and guess what, everything works as per normal no spinning wheels and pretty much instantaneous connections through the kodi apps like covernent.

i really don't want to go through the hassle of changing isp's but I dont really want to go through a vpn if I dont have to. I don't know what to tell AIS Fiber to get them to stop whatever it is they are doing to block my access. 

Any thoughts ?

BTW this may out a chill upntge spine if any AIS Fiber users but if AIS can do it to me then they can do it to you as well 

22 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I find that the most consistent performing addon these days is Maverick, although Covenant, Elysium, Bob Unleashed, and UK Turks are also good performers.

Cant find MaverickTv in the repo….just At The Flix….are they the same?

I had problems with Covenant since last night, nothing or little seems to load. Will give Maverick a try.

On 9/10/2017 at 4:51 PM, AJBangkok said:

Ok I found out the problem is AIS fiber they must be blocking me in some way so that I can't use kodi to stream tv shows or movies. The regular internet works fine but whenever I try to open a menu in kodi that lists tv shows or movies i get the spinning wheel which either goes for 5-10 minutes or just times out.

i did call AIS and ask if they were blocking my account but they didn't know and offered to reset it. They did and nothing changed. Still no tv shows or movies.

I went on the net and found a 3 day free trial for a vpn  (saferVPN) signed up installed the software and connected to Singapore ( the Thai server didn't work ). I then opened kodi and guess what, everything works as per normal no spinning wheels and pretty much instantaneous connections through the kodi apps like covernent.

i really don't want to go through the hassle of changing isp's but I dont really want to go through a vpn if I dont have to. I don't know what to tell AIS Fiber to get them to stop whatever it is they are doing to block my access. 

Any thoughts ?

BTW this may out a chill upntge spine if any AIS Fiber users but if AIS can do it to me then they can do it to you as well 

Just saw you post....I'm on AIS Fibre....just went to Kodi...fired up Exodus...movies started up as normal.

I am on AIS Fibre 50/10, and I'm not having any problems with Kodi Covenant at the present.

Although I have had problems in  the past., especially using Real Debrid when their server was in France (It's now in Singapore).

Contact AIS if it is their problem they will sort it out.

Further to my message above, you do know that TVaddons and their Fusion repo is now defunct.

Covenant can now be found on the Colossus repo. If you google Colossus repo Kodi there are lots of helpful people there who will show you how to add it to kodi.

Also using Real-Debrid and alluc.com will give you many more HD streams. Real-Debrid is about 16 Euros for 6 months and alluc.com is free.

Again google them and you will get plenty of advice on how to use them with Kodi.

I hear you Elfpattaya, it sounds like you have my set up, I'm already using covenant off the colossus repo and I use it with real debrid and trakt.tv. Maybe it has something to do with an IPv6 address as I've been searching on the internet and there have been people that have had a similar problem to me and it was due to theur IPv6 address 

Everything working again with Covenant, must have just been a bad day,