Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

1 dead 2 injured as motorbike crashes into parked bus on Jomtien second road

Speed? - Warning lights turned ON by the parked bus? - Helmets? - Drugs or booze? - Lack of attention or playing the fool with selfies or to impress his pals?

whatever....

Requiescant in pace....but we should rather be wishing  Rest in Peace to the family...as in such issues it is those who survive, that suffer their dead!

10 hours ago, trogers said:

Five in the morning. Not just speeding. Probably high on something too...

or leaving/going to work and just not paying attention

14 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Speed? - Warning lights turned ON by the parked bus? - Helmets? - Drugs or booze? - Lack of attention or playing the fool with selfies or to impress his pals?

whatever....

Requiescant in pace....but we should rather be wishing  Rest in Peace to the family...as in such issues it is those who survive, that suffer their dead!

Yes its strange how much irresponsibility there is on Thailands roads, when you look at what little help is available to both victims and those left behind

23 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Yes its strange how much irresponsibility there is on Thailands roads, when you look at what little help is available to both victims and those left behind

Thai believe in karma. And the West, fools had their rewards.

Same equation, different expression.

2 minutes ago, trogers said:

Thai believe in karma. And the West, fools had their rewards.

Same equation, different expression.

I have always been mercenary, so I will stick with what I understand thanks

You pays your money and takes your choice

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

I have always been mercenary, so I will stick with what I understand thanks

You pays your money and takes your choice

That's the problem with such an outlook - I, me and myself.

Would change when you think of the sacrifice and pain your parents had to undergo to bring you into this world and brought you up.

At least you could tell them that you will take care of yourself and would be with them when they get old, and hold their hands during their passing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

12 hours ago, trogers said:

Five in the morning. Not just speeding. Probably high on something too...

or leaving/going to work and just not paying attention

YOU COULD BE RIGHT................ But you will have one Helluva time selling me on the idea..........

I've been around Pattaya 30 plus years and I would wager that the odds of them going to work at 5AM is one-percent vs been out all night partying......... and so likely 'partying'  on money some of their girlfriends 'earned by sleeping with a 'farang' ...... they call them 'Mang-da's' (Cockroaches, the kind that are deep fried and Issan bargirls like to eat) Mang-da's live off of prostitutes and even 'Pimp' them.....

I realize that I could be wrong by a 1% factor and just offer my post as 'food for thought'.........

However if the second and third (on that bike) die....... think of the positive side  -- how many Thai girls won't have to take care of babies who don't know their father or where he is.... The babies that these 3 guys would have likely made had they not met or missed that bus......... I feel that it wasn't likely any loss and probably some gain in many ways....... but I do have pity on their parents suffering afterward.....

And to answer about the bus having 'rights'......... I was a 'GREYHOUND' bus driver in the US for years and I can assure you that even in Thailand The busses pay a lot more of 'road Taxes' Than cars and motorbikes and therefore have 'MORE' rights to the roads than most others...... Like it or not..........

12 hours ago, trogers said:

What business establishment opens at 6am in Jomtien or Pattaya?

Hotels and restaurants have early shifts as do bakeries and a whole host of other businesses.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The manic said:

Hotels and restaurants have early shifts as do bakeries and a whole host of other businesses.

Like I have said, employees of such businesses begin work at 5am, and not riding their motorcycle 3 astride on the road.

19 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

They were strictly adhering to the Motobikes must stay in the left lane law. 

JOKING....... of course..............

12 hours ago, newnative said:

Look at the photo.  What I see is a big bus parked in a traffic lane.  The motorcyclist was probably at fault but the bus shouldn't have been parked on a very poorly designed road that is not wide enough to accommodate parked buses.  It's amazing how many times cars and other vehicles run into parked vehicles that are on or close to traffic lanes--like cars with engine trouble that have stopped.  Sometimes drivers not paying careful attention don't realize they are stopped--especially true at night. 

Jomtien 2nd road often has tour buses parked on it, usually on the 3 lane sector between soi Watboon Kanchana and Thappraya road. This section looks like dual carriage way between soi Chaiyapruek 2 and soi Watboon Kanchana.

I don't believe that the parked buses (there were at least 2 here) were doing anything illegal.

That being the case, I would further venture to suggest that this was not an accident but manslaughter on the part of the driver of the motorcycle..

By the picture the bus was legally parked at a curb as if it had been there legally parked for the night.............

52 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Jomtien 2nd road often has tour buses parked on it, usually on the 3 lane sector between soi Watboon Kanchana and Thappraya road. This section looks like dual carriage way between soi Chaiyapruek 2 and soi Watboon Kanchana.

I don't believe that the parked buses (there were at least 2 here) were doing anything illegal.

That being the case, I would further venture to suggest that this was not an accident but manslaughter on the part of the driver of the motorcycle..

True, the parked buses were not doing anything illegal.  And, that, of course, is the problem and safety issue.  Way too many roads allow parking  when they should be marked no parking.  Much of Jomtien Second Road is a good example.  An even better example is Jomtien Beach Road where it narrows down at the southern end.  Barely wide enough for 2 car lanes, even it is not marked for no parking.