Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Maverickthai

Non O based on marriage to a thai. Savannakhet trip planned.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

along with a letter from the wife asking that you be given a Non-O visa...............I Did my Non-Imm " O " Multi entry visa at Savanakhet ( Based On Marriage ) 2 Weeks Ago......I Was NEVER Asked for that !!!

One doesn't need a letter from ones wife, the two original marriage certificates and copies are paramount..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, steve187 said:

It Is not unusual for a embassy website to not mention a multiple entry visa.

There have been a few reports of them doing one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

can you confirm they do multiple entry non o's at hcmc? i like going to hcmc for the odd week and have only recently heard that they can be done there?? would be better than Savannaket. no offence to the people, nice people just bloody boring

Yes, I have a multi O from HCMC. I also found Savannakhet to be boring! The young staff running the counter at the embassy were very nice and efficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damaz6052 said:

Yes, I have a multi O from HCMC. I also found Savannakhet to be boring! The young staff running the counter at the embassy were very nice and efficient.

did they ask for financial requirements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Damaz6052 said:

Yes, I have a multi O from HCMC. I also found Savannakhet to be boring! The young staff running the counter at the embassy were very nice and efficient.

Boring.......What,  no coffee bar, hotdogs, dancing girls....facepalm.gif.41114439a4394e344285aa7ddf0b642b.gif 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

did they ask for financial requirements?

No. I did need a letter from my wife in Thai. The info on the HCMC website is correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damaz6052 said:

No. I did need a letter from my wife in Thai. The info on the HCMC website is correct. 

good to know, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, transam said:

One doesn't need a letter from ones wife, the two original marriage certificates and copies are paramount..

Yeah, That's what I Wrote Matey.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, transam said:

Boring.......What,  no coffee bar, hotdogs, dancing girls....facepalm.gif.41114439a4394e344285aa7ddf0b642b.gif 

All that plus craft and freshly brewed beers, cheap wine, multitude of eating options...the list goes on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed The Multi Entry Non-Imm " O " AT HCMC Is 200 Us $ Thats equivalent to 6,600 Baht at Todays Exchange Rate,Whereas it's only 5,000 Baht at Savanakhet...????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Noticed The Multi Entry Non-Imm " O " AT HCMC Is 200 Us $ Thats equivalent to 6,600 Baht at Todays Exchange Rate,Whereas it's only 5,000 Baht at Savanakhet...????

Yes! USD only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Noticed The Multi Entry Non-Imm " O " AT HCMC Is 200 Us $ Thats equivalent to 6,600 Baht at Todays Exchange Rate,Whereas it's only 5,000 Baht at Savanakhet...????

The $200 (25 baht to the dollar) for a multiple entry visa is pretty much standard worldwide when they want dollars.

As far as I know the embassy in Vientiane and the consulate in Savannakhet are the only locations in the world that accepts payment in baht for the visa fees. Everywhere else is either dollars or local currency at a exchange rate set by the embassy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The $200 (25 baht to the dollar) for a multiple entry visa is pretty much standard worldwide when they want dollars.

As far as I know the embassy in Vientiane and the consulate in Savannakhet are the only locations in the world that accepts payment in baht for the visa fees. Everywhere else is either dollars or local currency at a exchange rate set by the embassy.

O.K Joe, But Just TRY Buying Us$ For 25 Baht These days....Impossible Mate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

O.K Joe, But Just TRY Buying Us$ For 25 Baht These days....Impossible Mate...

I know that.

Those fees go back about 20 years ago when it was 25 to the dollar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 23 November 2017 21:57
Sponsors
×