Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Maverickthai

Non O based on marriage to a thai. Savannakhet trip planned.

3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

along with a letter from the wife asking that you be given a Non-O visa...............I Did my Non-Imm " O " Multi entry visa at Savanakhet ( Based On Marriage ) 2 Weeks Ago......I Was NEVER Asked for that !!!

One doesn't need a letter from ones wife, the two original marriage certificates and copies are paramount..

31 minutes ago, steve187 said:

It Is not unusual for a embassy website to not mention a multiple entry visa.

There have been a few reports of them doing one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

can you confirm they do multiple entry non o's at hcmc? i like going to hcmc for the odd week and have only recently heard that they can be done there?? would be better than Savannaket. no offence to the people, nice people just bloody boring

Yes, I have a multi O from HCMC. I also found Savannakhet to be boring! The young staff running the counter at the embassy were very nice and efficient.

Just now, Damaz6052 said:

Yes, I have a multi O from HCMC. I also found Savannakhet to be boring! The young staff running the counter at the embassy were very nice and efficient.

did they ask for financial requirements?

2 minutes ago, Damaz6052 said:

Boring.......What,  no coffee bar, hotdogs, dancing girls....facepalm.gif.41114439a4394e344285aa7ddf0b642b.gif 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

did they ask for financial requirements?

No. I did need a letter from my wife in Thai. The info on the HCMC website is correct. 

1 minute ago, Damaz6052 said:

No. I did need a letter from my wife in Thai. The info on the HCMC website is correct. 

good to know, thanks

45 minutes ago, transam said:

One doesn't need a letter from ones wife, the two original marriage certificates and copies are paramount..

Yeah, That's what I Wrote Matey.......

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Boring.......What,  no coffee bar, hotdogs, dancing girls....facepalm.gif.41114439a4394e344285aa7ddf0b642b.gif 

All that plus craft and freshly brewed beers, cheap wine, multitude of eating options...the list goes on.

• Like 1

Noticed The Multi Entry Non-Imm " O " AT HCMC Is 200 Us $ Thats equivalent to 6,600 Baht at Todays Exchange Rate,Whereas it's only 5,000 Baht at Savanakhet...????

1 minute ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Noticed The Multi Entry Non-Imm " O " AT HCMC Is 200 Us $ Thats equivalent to 6,600 Baht at Todays Exchange Rate,Whereas it's only 5,000 Baht at Savanakhet...????

Yes! USD only.

10 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

The $200 (25 baht to the dollar) for a multiple entry visa is pretty much standard worldwide when they want dollars.

As far as I know the embassy in Vientiane and the consulate in Savannakhet are the only locations in the world that accepts payment in baht for the visa fees. Everywhere else is either dollars or local currency at a exchange rate set by the embassy.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The $200 (25 baht to the dollar) for a multiple entry visa is pretty much standard worldwide when they want dollars.

As far as I know the embassy in Vientiane and the consulate in Savannakhet are the only locations in the world that accepts payment in baht for the visa fees. Everywhere else is either dollars or local currency at a exchange rate set by the embassy.

O.K Joe, But Just TRY Buying Us$ For 25 Baht These days....Impossible Mate...

6 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

O.K Joe, But Just TRY Buying Us$ For 25 Baht These days....Impossible Mate...

I know that.

Those fees go back about 20 years ago when it was 25 to the dollar.