Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
simon43

Which Thai mobile network has the cheapest data package?

Recommended Posts

I'm in Myanmar right now, teaching at a school during the day and teaching online in the evenings.  Using Skype app and the 3g mobile network, I can usually get acceptable video chat quality (audio is fine ==> lower bandwidth).

 

Putting aside the issue of work permits etc, if I were to return to live in Thailand and to continue my online teaching (which provides me with an acceptable income), which Thai mobile network offers the cheapest data package for 3g or 4g connections?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AIS, DTAC, True are the big 3 providers. They're all pretty similar in pricing with many different packages to choose from. 

Edited by RBOP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What is your budget?
 
For example a 1 Mbps unlimited package with AIS would set you back 321 baht.
*777*7153#
 
4 Mbps Unlimited 481.5 baht *777*7155#
 
6 Mbps Unlimited  588.50 baht *777*7211#
 
http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/nonstop.html
Do you know whether those allow tethering? Link doesn't give detail. I'm thinking i could use as backup for my TV box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RBOP said:

AIS, DTAC, True are the big 3 providers. They're all pretty similar in pricing with many different packages to choose from. 

 

A great useless reply to someone who lived in Thailand so many years !

 

And anyway it's wrong.

 

Dtac is way cheaper and better in all circumstances. I have been using the 3 carriers for more than 10 years.

 

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/4g-non-stop.html
4.5 GB 399 baht / month
9 GB 699 baht / month 
12 GB 799 baht / month

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/maomaoontopnet/en/?intcid=4g:th:4g_packages:one-2-call_package_section:maomao
5 GB 488 baht / month
14 GB 888 baht / month

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/3g_internet_package_en.html
3 GB 399 baht / month
6 GB 699 baht / month

 

These are prepaid plans.

 

If you choose postpaid, dtac is even cheaper, I got 16gb for 500/month.

 

 

 

Edited by bleble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, JamJar said:
What is your budget?
 
For example a 1 Mbps unlimited package with AIS would set you back 321 baht.
*777*7153#
 
4 Mbps Unlimited 481.5 baht *777*7155#
 
6 Mbps Unlimited  588.50 baht *777*7211#
 
http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/nonstop.html

Do you know whether those allow tethering? Link doesn't give detail. I'm thinking i could use as backup for my TV box

 

 

I'm sure there is no such restriction....other than overly excessive.

 

Quote

 All allowances are for personal use only and not to be used for commercial purposes or in any way that affects other customers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JamJar said:

 

Actually you are quite wrong. It is certainly not as simple as that.

 

Apart from that you are selective with the packages that you chose to list.

 

*900*8820# is TrueMove H's 12 GB 4G package for 799 baht + VAT. http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/4g_topping_en.html

 

AIS has many options. They also have a 12 GB package at 799 baht + VAT.  *777*987#  Though it's not listed as their highest speed package.

 

There are many options to get more data for less than is illustrated by the packages you have listed. 

It all comes down to the way you want to use the Internet and your budget. 

To suggest that DTAC is the cheapest is patently wrong. 

 

 

 

 

 

Ridiculous, why not just accept that you know nothing ?

 

There is nothing else to know than what I wrote and I am sure that the OP will understand it:

 

AIS IS THE WORST ! I have it only as a backup but i use it 1 time a year only ! It's such pain in the a and ridiculous speed almost anywhere in Thailand !

 

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/4g-non-stop.html
4.5 GB 399 baht / month
9 GB 699 baht / month 
12 GB 799 baht / month

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/maomaoontopnet/en/?intcid=4g:th:4g_packages:one-2-call_package_section:maomao
5 GB 488 baht / month
14 GB 888 baht / month

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/3g_internet_package_en.html
3 GB 399 baht / month
6 GB 699 baht / month

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JamJar said:

 

Why would you write something so idiotic? 

 

The mere fact that you quote the worst value plans from each network, speaks to the paucity of your knowledge of the subject.

Further to that, the OP indicated that high bandwidth is not of the essence to his application, so  the focus is on value.

 

A capped bandwidth, unlimited data bundle seems appropriate. As running out of data during a class won't do. They also offer better value than the overly expensive plans that you posted.

 

DTAC 1 Mbps 30 day plan costs 321 baht per month

DTAC 4 Mbps 30 day plan costs 535 baht per month

 

AIS 1 Mbps 30 day plan costs 321 baht per month

AIS 4 Mbps 30 day plan costs 481.5 baht per month

 

TRUEMOVE H 1 Mbps 30 day plan costs 321 baht per month

TRUEMOVE H 4 Mbps 30 day plan costs 535 baht per month

 

So there we are comparing like for like and more suitable plans. 

 

As to speeds, AIS offers the best in the locations I use. I recommend that people run their own tests in their locations, in order to ascertain which is best for them.

 

I'm sure just about everyone perusing this thread and/or with any knowledge of my posts on this forum are confident in my knowledge. Which no doubt puts yours to shame.

My advice to you is to stop embarrassing yourself. I doubt if you will take it. Surprise me.

 

 

P.S. My personal DTAC number is more than twelve years old. 

 

 

 

I won't even reply to your mine is bigger than yours game, as you just inspire me pity.

 

But easy to compare...

 

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/4g-non-stop.html
4.5 GB 399 baht / month
9 GB 699 baht / month 
12 GB 799 baht / month

YOUR STUPID IDEA:

DTAC 1 Mbps 30 day plan costs 321 baht per month

DTAC 4 Mbps 30 day plan costs 535 baht per month

How stupid is it to pay 535 for slow internet when you get A LOT better speed for 399, especially if you have no risk to use more than 4.5GB ?

 

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/maomaoontopnet/en/?intcid=4g:th:4g_packages:one-2-call_package_section:maomao
5 GB 488 baht / month
14 GB 888 baht / month

YOUR STUPID IDEA:

AIS 1 Mbps 30 day plan costs 321 baht per month

AIS 4 Mbps 30 day plan costs 481.5 baht per month

How stupid is it to pay 481 for slow internet when you get A LOT better speed for 488, especially if you have no risk to use more than 5GB ?

 

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/3g_internet_package_en.html
3 GB 399 baht / month
6 GB 699 baht / month

YOUR STUPID IDEA:

TRUEMOVE H 1 Mbps 30 day plan costs 321 baht per month

TRUEMOVE H 4 Mbps 30 day plan costs 535 baht per month

How stupid is it to pay 535 for slow internet when you get A LOT better speed for 399, especially if you have no risk to use more than 3GB ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by bleble
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
17 hours ago, JamJar said:
What is your budget?
 
For example a 1 Mbps unlimited package with AIS would set you back 321 baht.
*777*7153#
 
4 Mbps Unlimited 481.5 baht *777*7155#
 
6 Mbps Unlimited  588.50 baht *777*7211#
 
http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/addon/nonstop.html

Do you know whether those allow tethering? Link doesn't give detail. I'm thinking i could use as backup for my TV box

 

How could them ban tethering ? They have no way to even know.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bleble said:

 

I won't even reply to your mine is bigger than yours game, as you just inspire me pity.

 

But easy to compare...

 

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/4g-non-stop.html
4.5 GB 399 baht / month
9 GB 699 baht / month 
12 GB 799 baht / month

YOUR STUPID IDEA:

DTAC 1 Mbps 30 day plan costs 321 baht per month

DTAC 4 Mbps 30 day plan costs 535 baht per month

How stupid is it to pay 535 for slow internet when you get A LOT better speed for 399, especially if you have no risk to use more than 4.5GB ?

 

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/maomaoontopnet/en/?intcid=4g:th:4g_packages:one-2-call_package_section:maomao
5 GB 488 baht / month
14 GB 888 baht / month

YOUR STUPID IDEA:

AIS 1 Mbps 30 day plan costs 321 baht per month

AIS 4 Mbps 30 day plan costs 481.5 baht per month

How stupid is it to pay 481 for slow internet when you get A LOT better speed for 488, especially if you have no risk to use more than 5GB ?

 

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/3g_internet_package_en.html
3 GB 399 baht / month
6 GB 699 baht / month

YOUR STUPID IDEA:

TRUEMOVE H 1 Mbps 30 day plan costs 321 baht per month

TRUEMOVE H 4 Mbps 30 day plan costs 535 baht per month

How stupid is it to pay 535 for slow internet when you get A LOT better speed for 399, especially if you have no risk to use more than 3GB ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I knew that you couldn't resist....falling into a trap of your own stupidity.

 

Looking at a Skype HD video call, you would need a maximum of 1.5 Mbps upstream/downstream. Therefore no need to pay extra for an up to 100 Mbps plan.

Secondly, at 1.5 Mbps, you will utilise 0.675 GB on a solitary one hour lesson.

 

Multiply that by thirty (days) and that gives you data usage of around 20.25 GB. So  that is a month of one hour weekday lessons for a month. If he has two such sessions per day, that is 40.5 GB per month.

 

How would your suggestion of a max bandwidth package of 12 GB of data for 854 baht fare, when it comes to the OP's suggested pattern of usage? 

 

Even if he dropped the quality down to High, that is still a projected usage of 6.75 GB and 13.5 GB respectively and that is with no other usage. and not taking into account uploads. So one could double the data amounts aforementioned. 

Add at least another 10 GB of personal usage for general browsing.

 

I tried to save you from yourself, but was quite sure that you would come back and place your foot firmly in your mouth.... and will likely do so again. You just can't save some people from themselves...

 

For the idiot.JPG

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, 6 Mbps packages are available in the case of more bandwidth being needed.

 

True 588.5 baht per month

AIS 588.5 baht per month

DTAC 748 baht, but includes DTAC calls

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have no idea if the plan below is good or not.  It's what I have but I don't really understand it.  I'm still trying to figure it out.
 
AIS
4G Max Speed Package 688 Baht (Convert)
Monthly fee 688B.(Bill 1-6: 344B.), Voice/VDO call 300mins, Total Net 20GB(4G/3G =16GB, 4G =4GB) stop automatically afterward, AIS SUPER WiFi, Exceed: Voice/VDO call 1.5B/min, SMS 3B, MMS 4B, Net 99 B/GB. 6 BillCycles
Edited by amvet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 24 November 2017 18:27
Sponsors
×