Thailand Forum
Nesnaitsirk

Anybody here got questioned after 4 setv's?

Nesnaitsirk    1

Hi guys,

I'm doing my 5th setv 3rd week of this month in vientianne. Any of you guys got questioned after the 4th one?

These are my setvs.

1st-savanaket

2nd-savanaket

3rd-savanaket

4th- vientiane

I would gladly appreciate any info. Also the rules in vientianne still the same about not asking for bank statement or show money 20k and outbound plane ticket?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-P355 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

cacahootie    12

Last time I was in Vientiane (May) there were no documentation requirements such as bank statement, 20k balance or plane ticket, just a bunch of copies and pay the fee on pickup.  The Friendship Bridge didn't so much as blink despite my 7 VE entries.

genericptr    4

When's the last time you returned to your country of origin? 4 seems steep but there's not much consistency in how immigration policy is enforced here.

darrendsd    1,854

As far as I know nobody actually gets "questioned" at VT

One of 3 things will happen,

You will get your visa, very likely as you have only had one from there

They will refuse you a visa, the last time I was at VT with one of the visa run companies a guy I was with was refused, he learnt this the next day when we all went back to collect our PP, he already had the red stamp from another Embassy in his PP hence the refusal at VT

You will get a visa but it will have the "red stamp" on it, this means you will not receive another at VT (unless you get a new PP)

Immigration at Nong Khai are very friendly and I doubt you will have any issues in returning but have 20k in cash just to be on the safe side

BritTim    4,031

You are quite likely to get the visa, but with the red stamp indicating no more. It is only your second from Vientiane (usually they will give you at least 3 before red stamping you) but other threads suggest they also look at the number of visas from Savannakhet.

Entering at Nong Khai should be no problem. They are very laid back there unless there are glaring issues.

In your position, I would prefer to go elsewhere, just to avoid the red stamp issue.

• Like 1

paul18620    151
7 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You are quite likely to get the visa, but with the red stamp indicating no more. It is only your second from Vientiane (usually they will give you at least 3 before red stamping you) but other threads suggest they also look at the number of visas from Savannakhet.

Entering at Nong Khai should be no problem. They are very laid back there unless there are glaring issues.

In your position, I would prefer to go elsewhere, just to avoid the red stamp issue.

So where would you suggest he go ,say for example he lives in Amnat Charoen bearing in mind for example there is no ticket out of the country ,he has the 20k but no ticket where would you suggest to go for another SETV.

darrendsd    1,854
38 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

So where would you suggest he go ,say for example he lives in Amnat Charoen bearing in mind for example there is no ticket out of the country ,he has the 20k but no ticket where would you suggest to go for another SETV.

Why would there be no ticket out of the country?

BritTim    4,031
33 minutes ago, paul18620 said:

If determined to find a consulate that does not require an onward flight reservation, the current options are (i) Vientiane; (ii) home country. (Actually it is possible Hong Kong might still give one, but unclear.)

From Amnat, the obvious place to go is Savannakhet. As is know, the conditions are now annoying. Since Ubon has no direct international flights, options like Phnom Penh (where you can have agent deal with most of the requirements) are expensive.

BritTim    4,031
18 minutes ago, marke985 said:

What exactly is the red stamp I've read so much about?

Many consulates, if they consider that you have been abusing their issuing serial tourist visas close to Thailand, will give you a last visa, but stamp the passport in red with something along the lines of

The passport holder has traveled frequently to Thailand on tourist visas. Financial proof and other documents may be requested in the future.

This red stamp, in practice, means that Vientiane (and some other locations) will no longer accept any more applications for more tourist visas, no matter what documentation you provide.

• Like 1

Nesnaitsirk    1
When's the last time you returned to your country of origin? 4 seems steep but there's not much consistency in how immigration policy is enforced here.

Hi, I never left Thailand. Just Laos for my visa. I've been travelling around Thailand a lot. Met a lot of good friends here. I don't work. I got money coming in from my investments abroad.

Sent from my SM-P355 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

paul18620    151
20 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Why would there be no ticket out of the country?

As don't want to leave yet 

cacahootie    12
1 hour ago, paul18620 said:

As don't want to leave yet 

Having a ticket out of the country doesn't mean to have to use it.  You could either choose a cheap destination (I've seen USD $35 to Singapore for instance) or a refundable ticket depending on your preference.  I have a flexi ticket than I can reschedule for $50, which is another option and means I always have a trip home already should it be necessary.