Thailand Forum
webfact

Video: Trouble at the "Monkey House" - foreign hoods launch attack at Surin bar

Antioc    7

Thai Military Police don't just direct traffic.  This may take some time but you can be sure there will be an outcome.

• Confused 1

metisdead    4,319

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.  Some posts containing comments of this forum rule have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Ossy    121
1 hour ago, idman said:

Ah the fond memories of Surin I had when I lived there for seven years. A quiet place with perhaps the best bunch of ExPats I have come across since I moved to Thailand. Many have passed, many have moved to other places myself included and many have simply packed up and left Thailand alltogether. The only place you would not visit was the Norwegean hangout, Oasis owned by a certified nut case. Fights, stabbings, killings on the premises were the norm. That was where the Scandanavian rubble congregated to take the pi..ss. My last years there did start to see a change and not for the better. The Farangs showing up were a lot younger, more obnoxious with chips on their shoulders and sadly lacking in the social skills necessary to integrate into a laid back town. Places like the Farang Connection lost their char
m

Gone forever are the good old days when Surin was a great place for ExPats to settle down in. I lived there for seven years and had the pleasure of meeting some of the best people. Places like the Farang Connction, the Green Mango, the Sportmans Pub, Starbeams, N&M, Lorenzinos were thriving. You went there to relax have a few pints chat with your friends and maybe have a meal. The only place you avoided unless you were a Scandanavian was Oasis Bar, owned and run by a certified nut case. Fights, stabbings and yes even a killing kept decent and normal ExPats miles away. The only motorbike gang to speak of were the friends of the owner who took pleasure in riding around on their "Hogs" making as much racket as they could. But even these bozos had enough good sense to not hassle the rest of us. Changes started happening as the old timers started passing away, others just moved on to other places while others simply packed it in and returned to their country of origin. A younger crowd started showing up, less refined, less incomes, less educated but with that sense of entitlement that turned a lot of old timers off. I don't doubt for a second after reading and seeing the video that Surin has undergone a dramatic change and not for the better.

Superb post. Are you in a safer place, now?

• Like 1

tomwct    1,724
On 9/11/2017 at 6:05 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

Military involved now. Deportation imminent. 

Now the RTP will have to act , so they aren't embarrassed! I think giving the Military the same authority as the RTP was

probably one of the best things to happen since the coup!. The RTP actually has to investigate and not pick up their brown envelopes. I've never seen so many people go to prison since the Military took over. Normally if you have money

you stay out of court and the jails, but now the Military is overseeing the RTP, so they have to work. I feel sorry for the Brits who have to work in a bar rather than enjoy retirement on a pension like most retirees.

• Like 2

pigeonjake    4,261
3 hours ago, idman said:

Ah the fond memories of Surin I had when I lived there for seven years. A quiet place with perhaps the best bunch of ExPats I have come across since I moved to Thailand. Many have passed, many have moved to other places myself included and many have simply packed up and left Thailand alltogether. The only place you would not visit was the Norwegean hangout, Oasis owned by a certified nut case. Fights, stabbings, killings on the premises were the norm. That was where the Scandanavian rubble congregated to take the pi..ss. My last years there did start to see a change and not for the better. The Farangs showing up were a lot younger, more obnoxious with chips on their shoulders and sadly lacking in the social skills necessary to integrate into a laid back town. Places like the Farang Connection lost their char
m

Gone forever are the good old days when Surin was a great place for ExPats to settle down in. I lived there for seven years and had the pleasure of meeting some of the best people. Places like the Farang Connction, the Green Mango, the Sportmans Pub, Starbeams, N&M, Lorenzinos were thriving. You went there to relax have a few pints chat with your friends and maybe have a meal. The only place you avoided unless you were a Scandanavian was Oasis Bar, owned and run by a certified nut case. Fights, stabbings and yes even a killing kept decent and normal ExPats miles away. The only motorbike gang to speak of were the friends of the owner who took pleasure in riding around on their "Hogs" making as much racket as they could. But even these bozos had enough good sense to not hassle the rest of us. Changes started happening as the old timers started passing away, others just moved on to other places while others simply packed it in and returned to their country of origin. A younger crowd started showing up, less refined, less incomes, less educated but with that sense of entitlement that turned a lot of old timers off. I don't doubt for a second after reading and seeing the video that Surin has undergone a dramatic change and not for the better.

yes had some great times in farang conection after playing gold at the army base, martin was a great old stick, bless him,

• Like 2

On 12/09/2017 at 8:20 PM, Rc2702 said:

So to the untrained eyes.

Differences between a motorcycle club and a motorcycle gang?

Do the club's wear patches to highlight who they are?

Are these clubs in any way affiliated to motorcycle gangs?

Are these clubs used as a method to recruit gang members?

I'm asking as I have no idea and I'd just like to know.

If there is no affiliation I wonder why the wires are being crossed with the two? 

Clue is in the name: "Gang" as opposed to "Club".

:w00t:

hawker9000    3,978
8 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

'Was "surrounded" on a public through-street once by a bunch of mickey mouse clubbers on rice rockets (not choppers) dressed in pretty-color jumpsuits (not leathers) who apparently got peeved when I had to "invade" their herd in order to get into a right-turn lane.  They had thought they owned and held sole title to it.  They wouldn't move, held up traffic (it was a fairly busy shopping mall intersection); one rode right up against my door so I couldn't get out of the car. They finally paddled off because other drivers saw what was going on and started sounding their horns making the morons realize they'd probably bitten off a bit more than they could chew.   I had gotten a couple of license nos. and filed a police report, but I doubt anything ever happened.

I imagine most "clubs" are more decent than this, but it just goes to show that gang mentality is a powerful thing and the undisciplined, simple mind falls easy prey to it.  The MC gangs represent the extreme end of the spectrum.   These girls have regressed several steps on the evolutionary ladder, lost the plot completely and are in dire need of serious adult supervision,,,,,,for a few years,,,,,,,in an appropriate facility,,,,,,. 

9 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

'Was "surrounded" on a public through-street once by a bunch of mickey mouse clubbers on rice rockets (not choppers) dressed in pretty-color jumpsuits (not leathers) who apparently got peeved when I had to "invade" their herd in order to get into a right-turn lane.  They had thought they owned and held sole title to it.  They wouldn't move, held up traffic (it was a fairly busy shopping mall intersection); one rode right up against my door so I couldn't get out of the car. They finally paddled off because other drivers saw what was going on and started sounding their horns making the morons realize they'd probably bitten off a bit more than they could chew.   I had gotten a couple of license nos. and filed a police report, but I doubt anything ever happened.

I imagine most "clubs" are more decent than this, but it just goes to show that gang mentality is a powerful thing and the undisciplined, simple mind falls easy prey to it.  The MC gangs represent the extreme end of the spectrum.   These girls have regressed several steps on the evolutionary ladder, lost the plot completely and are in dire need of serious adult supervision,,,,,,for a few years,,,,,,,in an appropriate facility,,,,,,. 

No discipline in the early years.

Most clubs are just enthusiasts that help each other.

There are likely gangs that call themselves clubs, but once there is a multitude on the road egotism and the power of the numbers can takeover.

Mods and Rockers?

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

Ossy    121
8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

If you're lookin' for trouble, bar me from this place; It's almost as if you'd spat in my face.

I've told you, mate . . . start a knitting and reading club. After a bit of practice, you can do both at the same time . . . and fry an egg, too, maybe :stoner:

Ossy    121
5 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Gang or club . . . who gives a chit?

Most would agree that Lee should just quit.:passifier:

• Like 1

DILLIGAD    1,911

Sorry have I missed something?

What has he/the bar, done wrong or illegal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

lvr181    1,838
1 hour ago, Ossy said:

A poet?

And doesn't he know it. :wai:  :biggrin:

• Like 1

madusa    283

<deleted> sucking little bike riders. Why don't the young thais who like to bash up farang do it to these little bikers? Many would say thank you if they do it.

• Like 1