Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Tarteso

AIA experience

Interesting to read your account Tarteso.

I have just had a bad experience with a Thai insurance provider. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and needed surgery. 

I enquired about laparoscopic at Samitivej Hospital and was quoted a price of 600,000 Baht. My coverage was up to 1.2 million. Anyway, the insurance company gave the go-ahead and I had my surgery. Two nights in hospital and back at work after 4 days.

Yesterday, I received an email from the insurance company that they would not continue with my insurance due to "an excessive claim" that would cause them to raise the premium of other members.

So now i am looking for a new insurance company. 

Interesting to read your account Tarteso.

I have just had a bad experience with a Thai insurance provider. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and needed surgery. 

I enquired about laparoscopic at Samitivej Hospital and was quoted a price of 600,000 Baht. My coverage was up to 1.2 million. Anyway, the insurance company gave the go-ahead and I had my surgery. Two nights in hospital and back at work after 4 days.

Yesterday, I received an email from the insurance company that they would not continue with my insurance due to "an excessive claim" that would cause them to raise the premium of other members.

So now i am looking for a new insurance company. 

I was been insured by a broker in Chiang Mai, if you need the contact, Post me a message.