Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Russian tourist falls to her death after night out at Walking Street

4 hours ago, The manic said:

The hip high safety rails are just too low. They should be shoulder height.

Yep... per earlier... per deerhunter... five foot. ?

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Better change the law in Pattaya and construct hotels with only 1 floor above ground level!!!!!

RIP to the poor girl....

Or -- compulsory landing pads all round the hotels.

I think it is time that balconies were glassed in and locked, it is a great shame that these supposed suicides continue.

Not naming the hotel we are unable to comment as to the height of the balcony railings, nor is there any pressure on the hotel to alter them if indeed they are on the low side. I stayed in a Pattaya hotel recently up high and never even went out onto the balcony.....  always feel uncomfortable there.

A night on Walking Street would certainly make me head for the balcony door.

• Haha 1

A night out in Walking street would be enough to make anyone do the strangest things.

617 .....    those are the numbers ....  :shock1:

RIP .. russian girl.

Edited by steven100

14 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

Since one story buildings are not going to happen maybe people should stop being reckless and start being more careful. 

"...and start being more careful."  -  of balconies, their railings and/or the company they keep!

R.I.P.

When I stayed in Bangkok at Hotels with balconys , I made it a policy to not go onto

the balony when I was drinking or was drunk. Still alive today because of that policy.

At the Nana Hotel, the 11th floor balconies were raised to above waist height,  years

ago because a bar girl fell to her death. Not sure if it was an accident or a Farang had

helped her over the balcony.

Geezer

If your not a Garden Gnome keep away from any Thai Safety Rail , even the new Plazas are below most folks hip these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yeah, but. . .

Is anybody keeping a record of the number of foreigners who fall to their deaths from high-rises in Pattaya? With hardly a week going by without one of these incidents, S and G must be a candidate for the Guinness Book of Records.

21 hours ago, Lazy Farang said:

Yaaaawn, inspector Clouseau had all the answers, facts or not, he can crack a case with bo information at all. Good job champ

Your response LAZY is too deep for even me to understand!

18 hours ago, cookieqw said:

only balcony on this purple hotel is on 8th (top) floor, stayed many times. and above waist height, so unless this was the russian with the exceedingly long legs not likely to fall

slide1.jpg

She probably was very drunk and stumbled. Case closed. 

23 hours ago, hobobo said:

You failed to acknowledge the source, so this is either plagiarism or copyright infringement!

you failed to acknowledge that this isnt his masters thesis, but rather an internet forum and, as such, does not require citation.

When I stayed in Bangkok at Hotels with balconys , I made it a policy to not go onto
the balony when I was drinking or was drunk. Still alive today because of that policy.
At the Nana Hotel, the 11th floor balconies were raised to above waist height,  years
ago because a bar girl fell to her death. Not sure if it was an accident or a Farang had
helped her over the balcony.
Geezer
I very seriously doubt that a dead hooker would have prompted that.

Lots of expats live in there permanently and complaining loudly about low balconies