Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Inquisitorial

Paying electric bill online?

Does anyone know if it is now possible to pay the electric bill online? I know this was not possible when I last enquired but this morning I noticed they have updated the web page and it has login and e service.

thanks

YT3k72Em    2

You can use your internet banking or mobile banking from any Thai bank.

You can even scan the barcode on the bill with your phone camera and it will fill all the details for you inside the banking app (with the kbank app at least, maybe others too)

• Like 1

johng    3,304

You can also use "True money app" on your phone.

PEA have an app to check your bill but barcode scan and payment "coming soon"

Or pay at 7/11, Family Mart ,Tesco,Big C where you can be 3 days over the due date on the bill.

newatthis    531
58 minutes ago, johng said:

You can also use "True money app" on your phone.

PEA have an app to check your bill but barcode scan and payment "coming soon"

Or pay at 7/11, Family Mart ,Tesco,Big C where you can be 3 days over the due date on the bill.

That part must be new. My local 7/11 would not accept after the due date.

johng    3,304
That part must be new. My local 7/11 would not accept after the due date.

Sorry should have added
according to my wife they will except upto 3 days overdue...I always pay well before the due date.

Quite a few times the convenience stores have trouble scanning the barcode or getting the system to except the codes even when they manually type in the long barcode number but it usually works at a different shop..so something screwy with that particular shops system at the time.
  • Thanks 1

murraynz    46

i have just signed up to their a/p direct payment system--see how that works...

i didnt want to have my power cut off, paying re-connection fee..if i happened to be overses when the bill came in...

Dan5    167

I''ve been paying my electric bill online for over 7 years now. I just pay the bill through my K bank account the same way I do for True, etc. I'm in Bangkok. 

Expattaff1308    415
21 minutes ago, murraynz said:

i have just signed up to their a/p direct payment system--see how that works...

i didnt want to have my power cut off, paying re-connection fee..if i happened to be overses when the bill came in...

Ive been paying my electric, water & internet by D/Debit from kasikorn for 4yrs never had an issue.

leither69    160
2 hours ago, johng said:

Sorry should have added
according to my wife they will except upto 3 days overdue...I always pay well before the due date.

Quite a few times the convenience stores have trouble scanning the barcode or getting the system to except the codes even when they manually type in the long barcode number but it usually works at a different shop..so something screwy with that particular shops system at the time.

No problem paying past the date

Bob12345    1,807

This is only for Bangkok?

I looked for this here in Phuket sometime but it appears you can only pay at a brick&mortar location (7-11, etc).

skatewash    330
5 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

This is only for Bangkok?

I looked for this here in Phuket sometime but it appears you can only pay at a brick&mortar location (7-11, etc).

One difference is that the Bangkok Metropolitan Areas is served by the Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA) rather than the Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) which serves the rest of Thailand, including Phuket.  The MEA allows more payment options than PEA.  One of those allowed by MEA but not  PEA is online payment.

However, PEA does allow direct debit payment of the monthly bill and I have set that up for myself in Phuket using my Bangkok Bank savings account.  I get a PEA bill from my condo management towards the end of the month and about two weeks later the bill is paid by direct debit from my Bangkok Bank savings account automatically.  I set this up by going to my Bangkok Bank branch and filling out a two-part application.  Bangkok Bank approves and retains one-half and the other half is returned to you to deliver to your local PEA office.  After about a month the direct debit payments will begin.  I imagine other banks have a similar process.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dan5 said:

I''ve been paying my electric bill online for over 7 years now. I just pay the bill through my K bank account the same way I do for True, etc. I'm in Bangkok. 

So can you log into your account details online in order to see the bill?