Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

27 Gamblers arrested with 8,000 Baht cash in Phuket

Recommended Posts

The manic    2,007
On 13/09/2017 at 3:26 AM, tryasimight said:

The police and soldiers in Australia are unelected.

Does that make them all thugs as well?

Do the the Army exercise civil power and control the apparatus of the state and are they actively involved in curtailing peoples basic freedom such as the right to demonstrate. Do they try and run the bus service. Do they shoot people in the streets?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tryasimight    511
6 hours ago, The manic said:

Do the the Army exercise civil power and control the apparatus of the state and are they actively involved in curtailing peoples basic freedom such as the right to demonstrate. Do they try and run the bus service. Do they shoot people in the streets?  

No they don't in Australia....and I have seen no personal evidence of it in Isaan either.

However the various Australian Sate and Territory governments can, and  do, enact legislation to curtail peoples freedom that is then enforced by the police. Banning of demonstrations was one very emotive issue in Queensland in the not so distant past. Banning of the grouping of three or more bikers is more recent. Freedom of speech is a distant memory.

Seems most of the drama emanates from posters on TVF. The average person has effectively remained unaffected in their day to day activities. Sure there are a few cases that make the headlines from time to time, and this happened before the coup as well,  but people forget the situation before the current government took power, by fair means or foul.

Edited by tryasimight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The manic    2,007
Just now, tryasimight said:

No they don't in Australia....and I have seen no personal evidence of it in Isaan either. Seems most of the drama emanates from posters on TVF. The average person has effectively remained unaffected in their day to day activities. Sure there are a few cases that make the headlines from time to time, and this happened before the coup as well,  but people forget the situation before the current government took power, by fair means or foul.

That the average person has not been affected is a callumny and propaganda.  And you are a dupe and apologist for that which you, and your compatriots would find unacceptable in your own country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tryasimight    511
2 minutes ago, The manic said:

That the average person has not been affected is a callumny and propaganda.  And you are a dupe and apologist for that which you, and your compatriots would find unacceptable in your own country.

Read my post again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 25 September 2017 13:14
Sponsors
×