Thailand Forum
ThaiPauly

Has everybody who quit in the last year still off them??

I have a dyslexic friend who wanted to give up smoking and he tried hydrotherapy!! It worked......... He couldn't keep his fag alight [emoji23][emoji23]

Sorry....... couldn't help it!!
I'll get me coat.....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

juice777    445
I have a dyslexic friend who wanted to give up smoking and he tried hydrotherapy!! It worked......... He couldn't keep his fag alight [emoji23][emoji23]

Sorry....... couldn't help it!!
I'll get me coat.....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
I had a friend who managed to quit with the patches. He put one over each eyes and he couldn't find his fags.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Madgee    103

I stopped lighting up 7 days ago after 45 years of smoking pleasure.

No particular reason why, certainly not for health reasons, just woke up on a Saturday morning with a dry mouth and sore throat after a heavy Friday night out, nothing unusual. Made a cuppa, went outside for a smoke and realised I'd left my ciggies at the bar, it was raining heavy so I went without. About 2 hours later it dawned on me that I hadn't lit up so I convinced myself to wait another 2 hours, and so it continued.

Support from my wife has been fantastic and the incentives have surely been worth it! :wink: Strange, she never mentioned it before but since last Friday she tells me I no longer smell like an ashtray, my clothes can now be washed with hers, she will walk hand in hand etc. Things I've never really noticed before have now become important and I don't want to lose them. That's my incentive.

It's hard, very hard. One day at a time.

I can fully understand why people gain weight after quitting. It's only been 7 days but already it's the pleasure of actually being able to distinguish different tastes in food, the pleasure of eating, probably something I've never experienced before and I like it immensely! To be able to smell the 'freshness' after a heavy rain, the mango smell after pruning the tree and the freshly cut grass smell I can remember from my childhood. I've denied myself these simple pleasures for so many years and for what?

I'm not going to deny that I'm still trying to convince myself of the virtues on an hourly basis and seek support wherever I can find it, especially from family. I've refrained from going out all week but tonight's the night!

I'm going to be a very bad former smoker so I apologise to my friends in advance. If you smoke, keep your distance.

• Like 1