Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
fashionablesally

What is the VERY BEST thing about living in Thailand??

Recommended Posts

JLCrab    6,316
7 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

So we are still living 30 years ago? 

Well if so, it sure sounds like I am having a helluva lot more fun than you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wildewillie89    393
Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

 

So you know very little about the the lives of ordinary Thais and the country the vast majority of Thai live in, then.

 

Do you actually have anything to contribute to the thread, which is what do you like about Thailand?

I already have said what I liked.

 

Seeing as the conversation went elsewhere it seems everyone jumped on that (which isn't talking about the majority). Going to quote every quote for the last few pages policing that, or just mine as usual? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wildewillie89    393

I don't know why you took the talking of my family so sensitively. It was merely to back up a point, that the people I have experienced, do not have the need to seek a grandpa when they are so young. Every commentator is only going off their experiences - whatever the topic.

So being overly sensitive, not having any relevant points, and being forced to make useless comments like 'grow up', would probably suggest you don't have much experience to comment on this particular matter. But I am sure you do on other matters. 

Have fun with this fantastic life of yours. I will stick to my shitty life lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JLCrab    6,316
2 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

I don't know why you took the talking of my family so sensitively. It was merely to back up a point, that the people I have experienced, do not have the need to seek a grandpa when they are so young. Every commentator is only going off their experiences - whatever the topic.

So being overly sensitive, not having any relevant points, and being forced to make useless comments like 'grow up', would probably suggest you don't have much experience to comment on this particular matter. But I am sure you do on other matters. 

Have fun with this fantastic life of yours. I will stick to my shitty life lol

I've read plenty of your long-winded stuff on the Isaan Forum so I'll just leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wildewillie89    393
1 minute ago, JLCrab said:

I've read plenty of your long-winded stuff on the Isaan Forum so I'll just leave it at that.

Good to hear :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thaibeachlovers    9,472
1 minute ago, wildewillie89 said:

I already have said what I liked.

 

Seeing as the conversation went elsewhere it seems everyone jumped on that (which isn't talking about the majority). Going to quote every quote for the last few pages policing that, or just mine as usual? lol

I agree that as usual a thread trying to be positive about Thailand has been hijacked by the usual suspects trying to bash Thailand, but a thread in the General subforum shouldn't be, and hopefully most of those posts will vanish.

However, don't kid yourself that I'm picking on you- I don't "follow" anyone on TVF, and just respond to whatever comes along on whatever thread looks interesting. So, it was your claim to live among the elites of Thailand that provoked a response, and I just added another reminder to all of what the thread is actually about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thaibeachlovers    9,472

C'mon guys.

why is it that every thread that tries to be positive about Thailand gets ruined by a bunch of bickering unhappy guys hijacking it?

Can't you just answer the OP or keep it for the farang pub subforum?

Is that too much to ask for?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JLCrab    6,316

It all started to go downhill when I said that some girls would not be caught dead as go-go dancers and then someone jumped in that I must have been referencing Hi-So. I wasn't. All I was referencing was knock-out Thai girls that don't need to go-go- dance to get attention.

Then it morphed to fat old grandpas living on a meager pension or some such.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jvs    1,027
On 9/13/2017 at 2:02 PM, bazza73 said:

How many enemies do you think you have?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron19    57,845

An Inappropriate post and reply have been removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amvet    231
5 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

I think there are many different definitions of hi so on this forum. No hi so girl I have ever known would go around waitresing for anyone, whether it be at a restaurant or a sauna. 

 

I feel these girls you speak of are maybe considered hi so by association, not actually hi so themselves. 

I was only considering their families wealth and social rank.  Maybe you don't know a lot of college girls in CM although I guess it could be said really hi so ladies don't go to college in Thailand and there you would have a point.

Edited by amvet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wildewillie89    393
4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree that as usual a thread trying to be positive about Thailand has been hijacked by the usual suspects trying to bash Thailand, but a thread in the General subforum shouldn't be, and hopefully most of those posts will vanish.

However, don't kid yourself that I'm picking on you- I don't "follow" anyone on TVF, and just respond to whatever comes along on whatever thread looks interesting. So, it was your claim to live among the elites of Thailand that provoked a response, and I just added another reminder to all of what the thread is actually about.

I dont think anyone would use the forum if they won't hijacked to be honest. Generally topics are pretty self explanatory and don't really need conversing or are finished after the first few comments. 

 

Just curious if we were talking about bars and I said my wife is a bar girl? Would you respond the same? The conversation, which I didn't even start, was about higher rankings in society. So naturally people who live among what farang define as 'elites' will be drawn to question silly claims by others. Don't be so negative/sensitive about a non issue. 

Edited by wildewillie89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drtreelove    223

This is an amazing discussion, I've just read almost all 16 pages. It should be pinned. Obviously there are many things to like about Thailand, and a few not to like. It's an experience, like no other.

 

Many posters have mentioned their Thai wife, and I have to say mine of 15 years has made it possible for me to live in Thailand and raise four beautiful Thai kids, and she keeps it interesting. 

 

One of my favorite things, as a tree lover, is the great 300 year old Raintree on the bank of the Ping River at Wat Chaimongkon. And all the other trees, flowering, fragrant, fruiting, and just awesome to see, everywhere, all the time.  

 

Mountain biking and hiking Doi Suthep-Pui NP frequently was a cool clean air healthy high. 

 

But the greatest thing for me is that the lessons of life and Dukka (the first of the Four Noble Truths) are frequent and intense and constantly remind me of the power of Now, and to step back into a witness consciousness and Awareness. Without that, Thailand, and life, would drive me crazy. 

006.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 27 September 2017 04:37
Sponsors
×