Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Relying on the Russians - Thai hotels chief has mixed forecast for Pattaya high season

Getting tourists to visit Pattaya is one issue, getting them to ever return is the real issue.

The whole place needs a major cleanup and I am not talking about the Bars.

Sort out all the thieving taxis refusing to use meters and putting guns to the heads of anyone trying to make changes to that. Remove all Jetski's from the beach to eliminate some of the corruption.  Clean the beach daily. Stop the annoying street Touts from shoving a different watch in your face every 2 minutes after the sun goes down so tourists can enjoy a relaxing night out.

If you start with this Tourists may even want to come back for another holiday.

Edited by Toshiba66
  • Like 2

From what I've experienced about two thirds of Russian bookings are cancelled, and another 10% are no-shows. Others see exactly the same trend. I'm not sure whether this is the same in the bigger hotels. Anyone know?

59 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

I am Scandinavian, and I can assure you all, I am not a quality tourist and I will not visit Pattaya.

Your welcome to join us scum in Chiang Mai.

Edited by inThailand
fat fingers
  • Like 2

How do Russians fare in Pattaya?  They have no English and little in the way of manners.  I was approached outside Pattaya Night market by a family group of Russians.They made several gestures imitating eating food.  I presumed they were not familiar with the word 'restaurant'.

Just now, mikebell said:

How do Russians fare in Pattaya?  They have no English and little in the way of manners.  I was approached outside Pattaya Night market by a family group of Russians.They made several gestures imitating eating food.  I presumed they were not familiar with the word 'restaurant'.

And these are the quality tourists!

Quality tourists for Rubbish  Services and inferior facilities.Do not differentiate between visitors as you do not really know the exact amount each individual spends.

You need them all ,after all all tourists contribute to your total  golden pot.?

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I thought Russian was the official language of Pattaya nowadays?

But it's just wonderful to see the optimists carrying on the building of real necessities like TERMINAL 21 with its 24 floor hotel; I'm sure Russians and loads of others are lined up trying to book in there already.

We go into Pattaya a few times a week and to be honest the place looks as if there are not many tourists , it could be that the baht is so strong , i dont know , but i do know that most of the agents my wife knows are all saying the same thing ,its very quiet