Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

More trouble at Surin bar where British owner was attacked by biker gang

It make me wonder why the police allow them to do what they please??? perhaps money under the table as usual, and too bad the owner has no powerful friends with fire power.

I would thought local knowledge combined with why the Police are not following up on this incident?

Also, was the biker gang chapter local or passing through?

More questions than answers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but where are these guys from?

Surly there would have been a huge gang fight if they had tried those tactics to intimidate a Thai bar owner and the police would have thrown the lot in jail, and depending on a trial result deported them after a long stay behind the other sort of bars...

The guy that assaulted the owner should have been charged with Grievous Bodily Harm (Thai equivalent) and jailed pending trial if nothing else.

A Wai and off you go??? RTP on the take as normal.

As an old GF of mine used to say, "go to the "Big Police" (The Army) to get it sorted out."

14 minutes ago, citybiker said:

I would thought local knowledge combined with why the Police are not following up on this incident?

Also, was the biker gang chapter local or passing through?

More questions than answers.

Not passing through read the report.

Some Thai must have influence to help them, maybe the owner of the "Crossed Pistons" bar?

Or it is large brown envelopes.

• Like 1

Not passing through read the report.
Some Thai must have influence to help them, maybe the owner of the "Crossed Pistons" bar?
Or it is large brown envelopes.

I only briefly peruse the report.
So clear objective, to have the monopoly for the area.

Genuine question, other towns manage with more than one Bar, biker type or otherwise.

30 minutes ago, citybiker said:

I only briefly peruse the report.
So clear objective, to have the monopoly for the area.

Genuine question, other towns manage with more than one Bar, biker type or otherwise.

Or more likely to be the biggest bar (most profitable) as I would be surprised if there are only two...

Not been To Surin for 20+ years.

I would bet there is history behind this too, not just the guy that was barred.

Big tough biker dudes who commit no end of mayhem like the punks they are, but then wai for the cops.

..little girls...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

My take? The bar owner has/had banned one of the bikie guys, probably publicly. Loss of face! So bikie and mates open new bar and intimidate original guy out of business. 

Should not have banned the guy in the first place?

Based on what facts? Above is a work of fiction ... I hope you don't partake in jury duty?

Or more likely to be the biggest bar (most profitable) as I would be surprised if there are only two...
Not been To Surin for 20+ years.
I would bet there is history behind this too, not just the guy that was barred.

Agreed, on both accounts.

The police were "satisfied" with the wais offered by the gangsters and set them free!!!?.....

On this basis, one could start to wonder who are the real criminals here?!!:sorry:

Nevertheless, in this case can I  overstay say for a few years on a visa exempt entry and then be let off free of charges, with a good bundle of wais?!!!!!!:welcomeani:

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

Bikers do a lot of good charity work. like helping to rebuild the school, That burned down in mae suai, chiang rai. They are good people. Just regular blokes.

No doubt some of them are good blokes, but just as undeniably some of them are total ratbags who only a mother could love.

Edited by mstevens

16 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus wept. Out of all the ignorant and un-informed comments I've read wasting my time reading this thread, this one is one of the dumbest.

99% of replies show that nobody really knows what they are talking about regarding the subject of MC's. All their misinformation gleaned from the shock horror media and tv and the laughable Wiki and laughable Feds. And where does Wiki get it's info? I rest my case.

Nobody on this forum knows first hand and close up any 1%er members of an MC, hence the idiotic comments. Been invited for a night out down the clubhouse? No, thought so. So refrain if you only surmise.

And before you ask, yeah I do know. Plenty.

As for the "plug and castrate the scum" comments - the phrase keyboard warriors has never been more apt.

I wouldn't say nobody brother...

• Like 2

Police have released a picture of the suspected ring leader but are having trouble locating him.

redbull.jpg

8 hours ago, chrisinth said:

The guy was a policeman for less than 3 years, in another country in the 1970's. Not what I would call seasoned.

Really don't know why this was even mentioned in the other thread.

"Lee was a policeman between 1976 and 1979"

He's 57, so if the dates are correct, it means he joined up on leaving school at age 16 and quit at 19 - hardly a career copper. Agree, it's irrelevant and misleading information. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

My take? The bar owner has/had banned one of the bikie guys, probably publicly. Loss of face! So bikie and mates open new bar and intimidate original guy out of business. 

Should not have banned the guy in the first place?

Pure speculation!

She claimed to have been told by local cops that they were satisfied that the bikers had all offered "wais" at the police station and had been allowed free.

There you go then, a wai is all that is required whatever the crime. I suppose when Interpol locate the 'boss;, extradite him at expense, and esxcort him on a flight to Thailand, he will go and make a wai to the bereaved family and police, and then back into a Ferrari to skedaddle back to his life of luxury.

• Like 1