Thailand Forum
webfact

Brits among five Phuket tourists charged for brawl on Bangla

johnarth    53
13 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Young Brits have form for booze and brawls. So uncool and glad I'm well away from Brit boozy unable to handle their booze which enevitably leads to anti social behavior. 

by the look of the name, I very much doubt he is English.

joecoolfrog    1,151
12 hours ago, tryasimight said:

From what I have seen and read these blokes seem to be a fair cross sectional representation of young men their age in the UK these days. 

Muslim and got some cash for a SEA holiday.

Not true , just a reflection of your obvious bias.

• Like 2

joecoolfrog    1,151
7 hours ago, Roger Harris said:

Give us a break, they are not Brits !

Read it properly  It says Brits among 5 people. Brits are always there when trouble starts. Number one offenders here in Thai

Excluding Thais you mean ?

• Like 1

Baerboxer    20,202
15 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Young Brits have form for booze and brawls. So uncool and glad I'm well away from Brit boozy unable to handle their booze which enevitably leads to anti social behavior. 

So much more convenient in all the other countries because no one ever gets drunk and starts violent anti social behavior do they?

Read the names. Two Bangladeshi passport holders and two with British passports but of Bangladeshi origin. Many Bangladeshi origin men are forbidden alcohol at home so yep, probably can;t handle it so well. 

Don't like stereo typing but young men of Bangladeshi origin can be pretty obnoxious, arrogant, and aggressive when boozed up, IME. That experience is in the UK, in nightclubs when they're boozing, looking for girls outside their own community, and IME can have short fuses.

• Like 2

Baerboxer    20,202
7 hours ago, Roger Harris said:

Give us a break, they are not Brits !

Read it properly  It says Brits among 5 people. Brits are always there when trouble starts. Number one offenders here in Thai

Biased rubbish. Unless you care to support your wild racist accusations with hard facts, suitable referenced.

Two hold British passports but by their names are clearly ethnic Asian, probably Bangladeshi or Pakistani with those names. Two have Bangladeshi passports, one claiming to be a British citizen.

• Like 1

joecoolfrog    1,151
4 hours ago, Humpy said:

A shady looking bunch of 'quality tourists'. ..... especially the hooligan with the arm full of ink ...... I wonder if Allah would approve their alcohol intake. All should have been put on the next flight out and banned from Thailand for life.  

I will let you into a little secret , not everybody fits into your pre conceived notions. Hence you have those of Bangladeshi heritage that are not strict Muslims , and you have those of English heritage who ( overwhelmingly ) are not strict Christians.

Mickmouse1    774

Many Brits in Thailand  irrespective of their background are thugs  and drunkards.Hehehe...it is the truth...am going to obtain a Dominican  Passport soon😂😂😂

• Like 1

natway09    1,036

And by 7 am I thought it would be safe to go out & have a breakfast.

The boys in blue should organize to hose  Bangla down at 5 am

JulesMad    382
16 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Work this out then...

"- - Ibthayhaj Shadiqul Gani, a 25-year-old carrying a Bangladeshi passport identifying him as a British national from London."

Easy, peasy...... IF he has a Bangladeshi passport, it identifies him as a Bangladeshi. That is the whole point of passports; I don't understand why this is even an issue....

• Like 2

dunroaming    3,324

Well the guy with the "British" name was the one arguing with the Thai woman and the ones with the so called "non British" names went to her aid.  Maybe you guys should think on that.  I know which side I would be on in those circumstances but of course you have to be able to see past those racist blinkers to see that.

dunroaming    3,324
3 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Many Brits in Thailand  irrespective of their background are thugs  and drunkards.Hehehe...it is the truth...am going to obtain a Dominican  Passport soon😂😂😂

True.  But then again Thailand does tend to attract the lowlifes of the world.  Oh sh*t!  I just realised I lived there for about 14 years and travelled there for over twenty!  Maybe I should add that there are many good, decent, upright people living in Thailand as well. 

sambum    1,411

PHUKET: -- Five tourists, including at least four Brits, have been charged and fined after a brawl on Patong’s Bangla Rd yesterday morning

If there are at least four, there must be 5 or more - Duh! 

observer90210    1,218

No need for the western or eastern racists to make this a Bangla or a Brit bashing issue.

The point is that there are scum tourists who misbehave (should their names be Masood or Jones)...and such ruffians deserve no wais or clemency....they deserve a one way drive to the Departure area of the nearest airport!

Until the authorities understand this, such despicable incidents will continue and end up with the quality farangs spending their money elsewhere.

dunroaming    3,324
18 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

No need for the western or eastern racists to make this a Bangla or a Brit bashing issue.

The point is that there are scum tourists who misbehave (should their names be Masood or Jones)...and such ruffians deserve no wais or clemency....they deserve a one way drive to the Departure area of the nearest airport!

Until the authorities understand this, such despicable incidents will continue and end up with the quality farangs spending their money elsewhere.

That would mean the Thai authorities trying to separate the quality tourists from the dross on arrival at the airport.  Not sure how you would do that.  The only way to identify the scum tourists is when they cross the line and cause trouble.  Thailand has aimed to attract quality tourists for some years and do to some extent at the 5 star hotels on the beaches.  Rarely are they the people heading for Pattaya with their pockets full of condoms and KY jelly. 

Now Thai's are welcoming the Chinese tourists and again they come in all shapes and sizes.  The last time I stayed in Chiang Mai in a decent hotel it was full of young professional Chinese couples and families.  A very different type of tourist to the Chinese tour groups spitting their way along Walking Street in Pattaya.

As long as a tourist has money in their pocket they will all be welcome in the land of greed.