Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Brits among five Phuket tourists charged for brawl on Bangla

observer90210    1,222

Obviously we are often smarter "after"  then "before"...

Naturally it's impossible to spot the trouble makers on arrival, but the point is that once they start making trouble, get them out. Not all that complicated is it?

dunroaming    3,366
49 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Obviously we are often smarter "after"  then "before"...

Naturally it's impossible to spot the trouble makers on arrival, but the point is that once they start making trouble, get them out. Not all that complicated is it?

Not complicated at all, just the difference between being pro-active and re-active. 

wakeupplease    1,867
16 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

So much more convenient in all the other countries because no one ever gets drunk and starts violent anti social behavior do they?

Read the names. Two Bangladeshi passport holders and two with British passports but of Bangladeshi origin. Many Bangladeshi origin men are forbidden alcohol at home so yep, probably can;t handle it so well. 

Don't like stereo typing but young men of Bangladeshi origin can be pretty obnoxious, arrogant, and aggressive when boozed up, IME. That experience is in the UK, in nightclubs when they're boozing, looking for girls outside their own community, and IME can have short fuses.

Bareboxer?

Bangladeshi, Indian, Pakistani and a few others very rarely go to the mainstream clubs in the UK for very obvious reasons. They groom and BullS>>> on line and go to coffee shops or bangara clubs, so then with a bit of real investigation end up in jail as you see so often, but sadly it takes longer than it should do. Nuff said

Edited by wakeupplease
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JulesMad said:

Easy, peasy...... IF he has a Bangladeshi passport, it identifies him as a Bangladeshi. That is the whole point of passports; I don't understand why this is even an issue....

Easy peasy it makes sense a Bangladeshi passport identified him as a British citizen????

I asked how that is possible, but you didn't explain, however seem to have 2 supporters.

Can anyone explain?

:mad:

• Haha 2

Psimbo    1,423
21 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Many Brits in Thailand  irrespective of their background are thugs  and drunkards.Hehehe...it is the truth...am going to obtain a Dominican  Passport soon😂😂😂

... as are many French, German, Russians, Ukrainians, Aussies, Finns, etc. What a ridiculous statement.

Edited by Psimbo

sambum    1,434
9 hours ago, Psimbo said:

... as are many French, German, Russians, Ukrainians, Aussies, Finns, etc. What a ridiculous statement.

Trollish?

On 14/09/2017 at 2:45 PM, JulesMad said:

Easy, peasy...... IF he has a Bangladeshi passport, it identifies him as a Bangladeshi. That is the whole point of passports; I don't understand why this is even an issue....

Quote from the article:

"- - Ibthayhaj Shadiqul Gani, a 25-year-old carrying a Bangladeshi passport identifying him as a British national from London."

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/brits-among-five-phuket-tourists-charged-for-brawl-on-bangla-63851.php

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
  • Like 1

Happy enough    404
On 9/13/2017 at 4:00 PM, JulesMad said:

IF they have a British passport, they ARE Brits...

my mrs has got a british passport and i can assure you she is NOT a brit 555

17 hours ago, Happy enough said:

my mrs has got a british passport and i can assure you she is NOT a brit 555

So, how did she get it?

Apparently being Bangladeshi identifies people as British according to the article.

JulesM seems to think passports confirm a person's nationality...

Evidently that isn't the case.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

Joe Public    1

English guy has argument with a girl, 4 Londonistan Rohingyas try to bully him and look big in front of da laydeez, forgetting they're not in Tower Hamlets, and end up biting off more than they can drunkenly chew, [5 on one minimum remember!] and looking like 4 haraam moob sporting jokers :passifier:

• Like 1

Grouse    4,112

Wherever one goes in the world, if there's a beer fuelled brawl, Brits will be in the thick of it. I have travelled and lived in many parts of the world and sadly I speak the truth.

Go to any German town on an evening and witness beers and wine being consumed in prodigious quantities. No unpleasantness no police.

It's embarrassing actually.

Fix it by putting up the prices....

geriatrickid    14,052

What was the initial dispute about? Was it a dispute over the payment conditions and fees associated with the personal services of someone? Why were drunken people out and about on Bangla at that hour? As mentioned earlier on the  thread, Bangla bars are to stop serving alcohol at 1 AM and to be closed and shuttered by 2 AM. Under the mayor's family orientation initiative, the police are to  clear the streets of scofflaws, scalliwags and n'er-do-wells at that time as well. I am shocked. The military rulers   said that with their overthrow of the democratically elected government of Thailand that the  military would bring order and law enforcement. This must be brought to the attention of the General prime Minister.

Kadilo    465
2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Wherever one goes in the world, if there's a beer fuelled brawl, Brits will be in the thick of it. I have travelled and lived in many parts of the world and sadly I speak the truth.

Go to any German town on an evening and witness beers and wine being consumed in prodigious quantities. No unpleasantness no police.

It's embarrassing actually.

Fix it by putting up the prices....

It gives me no pleasure to say that i totally agree with you.