Thailand Forum
webfact

Brits among five Phuket tourists charged for brawl on Bangla

sambum    1,413
1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

It gives me no pleasure to say that i totally agree with you. 

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Wherever one goes in the world, if there's a beer fuelled brawl, Brits will be in the thick of it. I have travelled and lived in many parts of the world and sadly I speak the truth.

Go to any German town on an evening and witness beers and wine being consumed in prodigious quantities. No unpleasantness no police.

It's embarrassing actually.

Fix it by putting up the prices....

Once again a bit of exaggeration to get the point across!

"Many parts of the world" isn't everywhere - and I'm afraid a lot of other nationalities are guilty of "beer fuelled brawls".

And just as a point of interest, as you mentioned Germany:-

"Germany's official crime statistics for 2016 have shown a rise in violent crime across the country - including among young male migrants."

• Like 1

Kadilo    436
9 hours ago, sambum said:

Once again a bit of exaggeration to get the point across!

"Many parts of the world" isn't everywhere - and I'm afraid a lot of other nationalities are guilty of "beer fuelled brawls".

And just as a point of interest, as you mentioned Germany:-

"Germany's official crime statistics for 2016 have shown a rise in violent crime across the country - including among young male migrants."

Obviously you can only speak for the places you have been and the places you have lived. As much as I would love to have lived everywhere I am still making my way round. 

In my opinion from my own personal experience there is a higher likelihood of seeing Brits in any beer brawl where there a cross section of nations than anyone else. That is not to say some other countries don't have a problem as I'm sure they do but the point Grouse makes is a valid one imo.