Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
jimmiejackson

Leaving Thailand twice during 30 day under consideration stamp

I doubt having a 30 day "under consideration" stamp would be an issue for an airline (not that I put it past them). I have a valid permission to stay in Thailand that expires after my flight lands and even if they don't believe that to be the case, I would get 30 days on arrival anyway.

Going back and forth about it in my mind, going to get a multiple entry. 1800 Baht down the toilet saves me either a second trip to CW or an early morning panic at the airport.

Appreciate all the advice!

Monomial    134

This raises a question which I have been thinking about, as I am trying to plan my renewal around some necessary travel. I understand I can submit paperwork to renew my extension of stay 30 days before the existing EOS expires.

1. If I do this, will they issue me an under consideration stamp 30 days from the day I submit the paperwork, or 30 days from the end of my current EOS?

2. Will my existing reentry permit be terminated as soon as the under consideration stamp is issued, or will it stay valid up until the day my EOS expires?

ubonjoe    18,186
11 minutes ago, Monomial said:

This raises a question which I have been thinking about, as I am trying to plan my renewal around some necessary travel. I understand I can submit paperwork to renew my extension of stay 30 days before the existing EOS expires.

1. If I do this, will they issue me an under consideration stamp 30 days from the day I submit the paperwork, or 30 days from the end of my current EOS?

2. Will my existing reentry permit be terminated as soon as the under consideration stamp is issued, or will it stay valid up until the day my EOS expires?

1. That depends upon the office where you apply. Some start the 30 days from the date you apply and others from the date you your current permit to stay ends. All of mine have started from the date my permit to stay ended which is standard for the offices here in Isaan.

2. It ends when the under consideration stamp is done.

Dumbastheycome    633
8 hours ago, colinneil said:

I have never heard of immigration doing house visits regarding retirement, marriage yes, but not retirement.

I am on retirement extension, they have never vistited me.

It  happens. Or  has.  For   many  including  myself.  semi similar  form to  to  a   marriage   based  extension. Seems to happen less  often of  late. And  only  once  for  myself  to  date. Also  put  on  an  "under  consideration  " wait period of   40  days but  given  extension well prior  to that.

An  application  for  extension  in  absence  is an interesting   concept  ! Hope  it  goes  well  for the  OP.

Dumbastheycome    633
1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

It  happens. Or  has.  For   many  including  myself.  semi similar  form to  to  a   marriage   based  extension. Seems to happen less  often of  late. And  only  once  for  myself  to  date. Also  put  on  an  "under  consideration  " wait period of   40  days but  given  extension well prior  to that.

An  application  for  extension  in  absence  is an interesting   concept  ! Hope  it  goes  well  for the  OP.

I  would  add  that  further  extension  based  on retirement has  been  approved  on same  day as  application as prior  to  the  one  off   consideration  experience.