Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

"Toothless cowards who attack women" - British bar owner hits out at bike gang who hurt his wife and trashed his bar in Surin

Si Thea01    2,009
1 hour ago, heybuz said:

i was a member of the cfmeu and the blf and bwiu all part of working in the construction industry.

Did you learn anything through your membership?   That criminality is rife and many of these dears are now penetrating all types of businesses here in Thailand and elsewhere in order to gain some legitimacy whilst they continue their illegal activities. Now, there may be more to this story than we are being told but given how this lot reacted, it appears to fit with the type of stand over tactics generally applied when they cannot get their way.:wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

observer90210    1,222

Time to see now if the army will keep up their word and their claims to make a better society??....let's see if the military are braver then the local cops and do the job?!!

heybuz    229
46 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Did you learn anything through your membership?   That criminality is rife and many of these dears are now penetrating all types of businesses here in Thailand and elsewhere in order to gain some legitimacy whilst they continue their illegal activities. Now, there may be more to this story than we are being told but given how this lot reacted, it appears to fit with the type of stand over tactics generally applied when they cannot get their way.:wai:

well mate the only thing i can say is that when i got brassed by a large constuction company they threatened to close every site of that company in the state,i was paid within the hour. so to me it was good other things not so good,but i take the good with the bad.i never had to pay them off only paid the dues,as a member.unions are a necessary evil in my opinion,and i have never met an anti union person who has knocked back a pay rise won by a union.

Edited by heybuz

Tony125    474
7 hours ago, malcoml said:

There must be more to this story....

What has your wife done...  

Bikers don't just turn up to your business and ransack the place for no reason.

Has a large amount of money been borrowed and not paid back..

It was stated in earlier posts that one of the bikers kept coming there getting drunk and starting arguments with other patrons and harassing staff . On last visit he was refused service so went back got his buddies to teach the  Monkey Bar owners a lesson.

• Thanks 1

dcnx    2,424
10 hours ago, leeneeds said:

very easy to give them a full immigration / police check , denied  entry and visas revoked 

A Thai biker gang?

IAMHERE    1,152
6 hours ago, khounteen said:

Bullies without balls, thats why they need to be in a gang. They wont have the guts to fight alone.

Well heck then, Thailand is the place for them. I can not believe this is about getting customers into the Crossed Pistons bar.

Tony125    474
7 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Deport who?  They are Thai right?  well most of the bikers I see are Thai with a few old farang who think they are still in a 60s/70s timewarp

If you read earlier posts the owner of the Monkey Bar said  "all"  the bikers were foreigners,  "no"  Thai  members.

• Thanks 1

captspectre    1,214
2 hours ago, heybuz said:

i was a member of the cfmeu and the blf and bwiu all part of working in the construction industry.

I don't want to make you feel bad, sonny, BUT Surin IS in isan!

• Like 2

Ossy    143
32 minutes ago, captspectre said:

Good words and even better that you spell Isan like the people of Isan say it; with a 'hard a', as in cap. If the Queen, maybe, was saying it, then it probably would sound like Isaan, with a 'soft a', as in baa (the sheep noise, of course), but until I hear it like that, and let's be honest, it does sound ridiculously upper crust, I'm stickin' with Isan, with a capital 'I' :smile:

heybuz    229
2 hours ago, captspectre said:

well i"ll be, i was answering a question from another member although being of topic i felt i had to answer. sorry if you got the wrong impression.i dont consider myself expert in this land and nor do i want to. if you hang around on this forum long enough all the experts will enlighten you. fortunately i only spend a short time here and dont aspire to die here.

nausea    1,058
1 hour ago, Thaimike370 said:

show a clear photo of their logo on the back of their jackets.

Good idea, so we know exactly who we're dealing with.

nycjoe    145

Generally it takes about 9 of them to beat up a drunk, on their own they are very quiet. They give motorcycle enthusiasts a bad name.

• Like 1