Jump to content
Thailand Forum
webfact

Man wanted for murder in Japan ten years ago turns out to be local government official in Chiang Rai

Recommended Posts

webfact    24,332

Man wanted for murder in Japan ten years ago turns out to be local government official in Chiang Rai

 

3am.jpg

Picture: Sanook

 

CHIANG RAI: -- A man wanted for the robbery/murder of a Thai man and woman in Japan has been located in Thailand after hiding out for ten years.

 

The Crime Suppression Division said that Bunrit Janthaphoon, 57, had changed his name and was currently acting as the "kamnan" (tambon chief) in Ban Dai sub-district of Mae Sai.

 

He had been elected to that position.

 

He jumped bail in Japan where he was set to stand trial for the murder of Prayuth Ngandee and Ratree Duankhreua who were killed by the shore of a lake and robbed of 1,500,000 yen.

 

Others were also involved in the killing.

 

Bunrit said without explanation that he had no intention of fleeing and it would all come out in court.

 

Sanook reported that he had been protected by influential political allies during his time hiding in Chiang Rai province.

 

Source: Sanook

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Get Real    1,605
49 minutes ago, webfact said:

Bunrit said without explanation that he had no intention of fleeing and it would all come out in court.

If not fleeing, what has he then been doing for the last 10 years? Utterly stupid comment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
klauskunkel    11,145
3 hours ago, webfact said:

protected by influential political allies during his time hiding in Chiang Rai province.

just wondering what color shirts these allies wear...

... just stopped wondering.

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borzandy    1,073
5 hours ago, webfact said:

acting as the "kamnan"

We could be afraid if we knew how many kamnan have a criminal past.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farcanell    1,574
2 hours ago, Borzandy said:

We could be afraid if we knew how many kamnan have a criminal past.

Or worse, criminal present.... grooming little criminals to take over from them in their dotage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foozool    172
14 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that he had been protected by influential political allies during his time hiding in Chiang Rai province.

🙀  Where am I ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madusa    280

Now, this is interesting. I heard many criminals from Malaysia also hiding in Thailand as well as super rich Chinese Government Officials(fugitive) who are living in Thailand.

So I may be talking to a murderer for all I know and have a good business relationship all along till he decides I knew too much and had to be taken care of.

A farang was then found death with lots of medicine for heart problem on his bedside table. That is me dead. No struggle or any money missing. 

Is this country run by..... oh, I shouldn't say it, so I can live longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
observer90210    1,218

Nevertheless the chap seems to have got an extension of VIP treatment on his apprehension...his hands if cuffed, are in the front and not behind, no finger pointing by some boys in brown flashing their golden wings and lined up behind and chuckling!!....hum!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geriatrickid    14,051
On 9/13/2017 at 9:14 PM, klauskunkel said:

just wondering what color shirts these allies wear...

... just stopped wondering.

Why not be more specific? Instead of  a cryptic comment, why not  be more transparent and honest. Are you  trying to say that  supporters of a political faction are implicated? The current military government has been in charge since 2014. In those 3 years, the military has had absolute control with a defacto suspension of habeas corpus. If a known criminal has remained free, it is because  government officials  have allowed him to remain free.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
klauskunkel    11,145
5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Why not be more specific? Instead of  a cryptic comment, why not  be more transparent and honest. Are you  trying to say that  supporters of a political faction are implicated? The current military government has been in charge since 2014. In those 3 years, the military has had absolute control with a defacto suspension of habeas corpus. If a known criminal has remained free, it is because  government officials  have allowed him to remain free.  

 

specifics: He did hide out in the North. He did so since 10 years (that's 7 years before the current government). He changed his name and became a government official. He "had been protected by influential political allies" while hiding there.

 

Trivia questions: The North is the stronghold of which political faction? Which political faction in the North can help hide a wanted murderer and get him elected as a local government official? Which political faction has a history of employing thugs and protecting them?

 

And, geriatrickid, you are right, government officials have allowed him to remain free..., but which government?

And, geriatrickid, he was located and arrested despite his 10 years of hiding his true identity and despite his political connections..., but by which government?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 21 September 2017 04:59
Sponsors
×