Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Foreigners with fake 1,000 baht notes flooding Pattaya - Thai traders take to social media to issue warnings

Considering that the ฿1000 is the largest denomination available then I don't see it as being too much of a problem, all my cash comes from a cash point, so unless the banks are passing them off I don't see a problem, are the money exchanges passing them off ? if so tourists beware.  

observer90210    1,222

Many are laughing, scorning or chuckling..the usual stupid!!........but if you get cheated with a fake currency bill , your reaction would not be the same!!

• Like 1

12DrinkMore    2,812
12 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Yeah, but . . .

Since only a tiny fraction of fiat currency is backed by a tangible asset, most of is in effect fake money. Welcome to planet Earth, the biggest Monolopy game in the Universe!

Not totally true.

It is all backed by the promises of debtors to pay back the debts, and in a lot of cases secured on property and companies.

Example.

You borrow 300,000 to buy a house. That 300,000 is essentially newly issued currency which you have spent into the economy. However, it is backed by the value of the house, which can be reposessed, and your promise to pay the debt through future earnings. 

It does give rise to the interesting observation that if all the debts were paid off, there would be no currency left in circulation except the legal tender cash issue by the governments.

HooHaa    4,736
2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" At least one trader furiously blamed middle easterners for the con."

yes. let the mass deportations begin. :cheesy:

not trumps usa sorry.

Deli    1,210

What about if the gg fakes an orgasm but I paid for a real one ?

geisha    371

So, who can show us how to tell the difference between a fake note and a real one ? I can tell a fake euro note immediately. 

SpeakeasyThai    364

Fake hand bags, fake girl friends, fake designer Tshirts, fake watches. I see no issue in paying in fake notes.

Edited by SpeakeasyThai

Pilotman    374
2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Quite, and I wonder if anyone else has noticed the irony of Mr. Jiradech Nomneuy allowing himself to be photographed complaining about a counterfeit banknote whilst wearing an almost certainly counterfeit Manchester United top. What goes around.......or as they say around these parts, "som nam na"

Hardly the same thing 

Mickmouse1    799

People are accusing others without a shred of evidence that  Arabs behind that fake notes.

I wonder who the real culprit/'s is/are?

Who produce and sell Fake goods to Arabs and Other Foreign Tourists? How many Arabs and other Foreigners been conned and done in Thailand? 

I am eagerly awaiting the police investigation and the arrest if those behind that job.😆

wavemanwww    137
1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Thai bank notes are not on the cutting edge of security features that are available now to counter the counterfeiters of paper money .. Technology available to crim's now makes copying bank notes easier all round which is why a lot of Euro countries have numerous security features designed and incorporated into them .. As in Britland where the two smaller notes are made out of a kind of plastic .. 

That was originally an Australian invention and has been used here for many years. We export the technology.

• Thanks 1

stanleycoin    352
45 minutes ago, Deli said:

What about if the gg fakes an orgasm but I paid for a real one ?

What's gg mean ?   

Gay Guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      :shock1::shock1::shock1:

• Haha 2