Thaivisa Web Content Team

Bikini baristas file suit against city, defend right to work in bikini

exploitation doesn't take place just because you or some feminists did rule it so.

exploitation takes place when people cannot exert their freedom of choice due to coercion or are duped into doing something for the advantage of the exploiter and receive inadequate compensation for doing it.

there is no sign of the above in "bikini baristas"

BUT there is restriction of other peope's freedom in what you want.

God spare us from Western Feminists. My Thai gal of 28 years can't stand them.
How condescending of these frightbats to think a Thai girl needs their assistance.
They got the wrong country, try the Philippines or how about Saudi Arabia? The real brave amongst them are on a plane to Afghanistan.
Leave the low hanging fruit in Thailand alone, they don't need you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, BKK1969 said:

God spare us from Western Feminists. My Thai gal of 28 years can't stand them.
How condescending of these frightbats to think a Thai girl needs their assistance.
They got the wrong country, try the Philippines or how about Saudi Arabia? The real brave amongst them are on a plane to Afghanistan.
Leave the low hanging fruit in Thailand alone, they don't need you.

You do realise that this is a story from the US of A ? Nothing to do with Thailand.

5 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

The plaintiffs claim that it is in their right to freedom of expression to able to bare skin while working at these stands.

I can't imagine a feminist worth the name believing this bullshit. The girls are clearly being exploited sexually but are either too dumb to realise it or too scared of losing their jobs to say so.

<deleted>

garbage

Edited by tryasimight

You do realise that this is a story from the US of A ? Nothing to do with Thailand.

Didn't read the story that carefully but those frightbats really push my buttons.
I'd love my coffee served by bikini clad ladies, hasn't happened yet and now after reading the article carefully, no point going to Washington is there?
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll cancel my ticket.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, manarak said:

exploitation doesn't take place just because you or some feminists did rule it so.

exploitation takes place when people cannot exert their freedom of choice due to coercion or are duped into doing something for the advantage of the exploiter and receive inadequate compensation for doing it.

there is no sign of the above in "bikini baristas"

BUT there is restriction of other peope's freedom in what you want.

If men need to have female staff stripped down to bikinis and g-strings in order to buy a cup of coffee, then the world is in a pretty sad place. And if the women concerned actually believe that they are exercising some kind of freedom by turning themselves into near-naked eye candy, that's even sadder.

7 hours ago, lucjoker said:

Looked for " bikini baristas " on google........and i'm still looking !!!!! 

Try here http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/854078/Hillbilly-Hotties-naked-girls-coffee-bikini-barista-boobs-Hooters-breasts

or here https://www.rt.com/usa/403253-bikini-baristas-sue-everett/

even here https://www.maxim.com/news/bikini-baristas-sue-town-2017-9

14 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

If men need to have female staff stripped down to bikinis and g-strings in order to buy a cup of coffee, then the world is in a pretty sad place. And if the women concerned actually believe that they are exercising some kind of freedom by turning themselves into near-naked eye candy, that's even sadder.

But it IS their choice to do so.

They can always get a job at a different coffee chain if they wish.

[/
Nothing sad about having the candy and maximising it.
But granted, it's sad if you don't have it and are envious of those that do.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But it IS their choice to do so.

They can always get a job at a different coffee chain if they wish.

Clearly, women's liberation still has a long way to go.

54 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

You mean, some day they will be required to wear burka?

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

replace "need" by "like" ...

and you can be sad if you like, just don't spoil it for the others.

the women don't need to believe they exercise a freedom. you need to believe this in order to let other people do what they want without interference.

• Like 1

Look at it from another angle. Loads of men would not hesitate to serve ladies wearing only briefs for some extra cash . But they don't have that option. Ladies have it though, so who has more choice/liberty?

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

your way to consider liberty is twisted. there is no liberty / freedom in uniformity and imposed morals.

freedom is in diversity, i.e. there are many different types of jobs and ways of serving coffee.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

You mean, some day they will be required to wear burka?

Great fashion piece is the Burka. All feminazis and frightbats should be forced to wear one and then join the peace keeping force to, the Sudan, Somalia and Afghanistan.
If they survive, then upon homecoming the most handsome "persons of their preference" in the land should volunteer to marry them, irrespective of sexual preferences.
Bravery should be rewarded by complete "equality".

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The stated city's ruling, carries some ressemblance with the dogma and discourse of moralist Ayatollahs of the Middle East, with regard to covering up women from head to heel!!