Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Pattaya expat worries: unofficial survey

A confusing post all in bright colors has been removed, please learn to use the quote reply functions, thank you

10 hours ago, swissie said:

That the "Capital-Requirements" for any Long-Term Visas (extentions) will be increased is more than likely. Taking inflation over the last 15 years into consideration, it's simply overdue!

This requirement already increased in the past (at least twice for "retirement extension") but Immigration always grandfathered those who had Extensions at a cheaper requirement, and I see no reason why they would do differently in the future.

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

This requirement already increased in the past (at least twice for "retirement extension") but Immigration always grandfathered those who had Extensions at a cheaper requirement, and I see no reason why they would do differently in the future.

Yes. Hopefully. No. Guarantees. Next. 

On 9/20/2017 at 7:43 AM, wgdanson said:

My gf cannot get a visa to visit UK without valid health insurance.

Strange, my Thai wife goes to the UK with me every year for 2 weeks, has done for the past 10 years and medical insurance has never been mentioned once. Are you trying to get your gf a visa through a visa agency? if so it could be a little money maker by the agency which isn't required

There are condo owners under the age of 50 that would like to see the 1yr non o back for condo ownership. And visa run every 3 mths instead of 2. I like Thailand but the decision to make other choices is being made for me.

Peace to all.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2017 at 7:42 AM, The manic said:

We used to call such people ' Worrit Warts'

Who is we?

On 21/09/2017 at 8:53 AM, Paul Collins said:

Strange, my Thai wife goes to the UK with me every year for 2 weeks, has done for the past 10 years and medical insurance has never been mentioned once. Are you trying to get your gf a visa through a visa agency? if so it could be a little money maker by the agency which isn't required

Pretty sure it was the same here for my wife, a Belgium visa they did ask for it but UK no.

:)

46 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Pretty sure it was the same here for my wife, a Belgium visa they did ask for it but UK no.

Foreigners are not eligible for NHS treatment. Expats who have been away for 6 months can have problems too and have to produce not just ID but proof of address including utility bills.

13 minutes ago, The manic said:

Foreigners are not eligible for NHS treatment. Expats who have been away for 6 months can have problems too and have to produce not just ID but proof of address including utility bills.

Yes I know but on her tourist and C visit visa's before we were never asked to show health insurance. She has a spouse visa now so has NHS cover.

My NHS has always been fine even though I lived in Thailand previously.

Edited by davethailand

1 hour ago, davethailand said:

Yes I know but on her tourist and C visit visa's before we were never asked to show health insurance. She has a spouse visa now so has NHS cover.

My NHS has always been fine even though I lived in Thailand previously.

Thats good but ...the new law is clear and was introduced in 2013.

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?427952-will-you-lose-right-to-NHS-treatment-if-you-leave-the-UK

You can go directly to the NHS website for details. If you are a returning expat you  can re-estabish your residence credentials within 3 months but you can't just pop back for NHS treatment. That's the idea. The newish system is still being rolled out and being implemented with various degrees of rigour.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

My situation was weird as I still had an address in the UK and paid NI payments for the 13 years I spent in Pattaya but I was down as overseas as I had work permits etc in Thailand.

As said I was back in the UK in 2013 and used the hospital for check ups etc for my broken wrist after an accident in Thailand.

That said when I returned here in 2014 I had to sit an habitual residency test to see if I was entitled to benefits, I wasn't allowed any for 3 months, NHS was ok though.

2 minutes ago, davethailand said:

My situation was weird as I still had an address in the UK and paid NI payments for the 13 years I spent in Pattaya but I was down as overseas as I had work permits etc in Thailand.

As said I was back in the UK in 2013 and used the hospital for check ups etc for my broken wrist after an accident in Thailand.

That said when I returned here in 2014 I had to sit an habitual residency test to see if I was entitled to benefits, I wasn't allowed any for 3 months, NHS was ok though.

See amended reply above. Good luck.

Just now, The manic said:

See amended reply above. Good luck.

cheers.

All good now as I'm staying put in the UK for a while.

Just now, davethailand said:

cheers.

All good now as I'm staying put in the UK for a while.

Enjoy.

• Thanks 1