webfact

Marrying a "rich" westerner may not be a "dream come true" - says BBC

18 hours ago, catman20 said:

OK well done grammar teacher you got too much time on your hands.

Oh, pardon me. Now I see, when you say "all" you don't mean "all" you mean "some."

35 minutes ago, smotherb said:

You really are clueless.  Because I prefer not being mistaken for an ATM; however, it seems to be all you can manage.

No -- it's because what I want out of this life seems to be different from what you do and you seem to be clueless to that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JLCrab said:

No -- it's because what I want out of this life seems to be different from what you do and you seem to be clueless to that.

Talk about clueless; what would make you think I did not see a difference between what you want and what I want? Wasn't that what our banter was all about--you prefer to pay for it and I don't?

I have never been married as your Grandpappy suggested. How about you?

1 minute ago, JLCrab said:

I have never been married as your Grandpappy suggested. How about you?

Did you walk to work or bring your lunch?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

Oh, pardon me. Now I see, when you say "all" you don't mean "all" you mean "some."

you again ? go get a life you sad man

Edited by catman20

3 hours ago, JLCrab said:

smotherb is a jerk, he has nothing better to do than pick people up on whatever they post. hes a very brave man behind a key board.

Edited by catman20

11 hours ago, catman20 said:

smotherb is a jerk, he has nothing better to do than pick people up on whatever they post. hes a very brave man behind a key board.

are you so upset because you cannot provide a decent comeback?

11 hours ago, catman20 said:

you again ? go get a life you sad man

Apparently I have a very fruitful life annoying you.

My experience over almost 30 years of marriage to the same Thai girl and having employed 5 girls in a paramedical business for 20 years in a western country, is that it's the girls who are they real victims.

Especially if they emigrate to a western country and are themselves from poor families.

They are under constant pressure to repatriate money home, which they do but can ill afford. This confuses the husbands who take time to understand the tribal nature of these families and the near absence of a welfare state.

It takes the husband many years to realise that the girls are in a bind trying to please both husband and family.

This is a side of the Thai/Farang marriage syndrome seldom discussed on these forums (fora).

Those couples who finally deal with these cultural opposites can make a go of it. 

But it isn't easy. Having said that, I've noticed that the cultural differences tend to be less significant as the ages of the couples become equal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKK1969 said:

Especially if they emigrate to a western country and are themselves from poor families.

They are under constant pressure to repatriate money home, which they do but can ill afford. This confuses the husbands who take time to understand the tribal nature of these families

Well, if you take a tiger out of forest you have to feed it... it won't become a domestic cat anytime soon.

(I would say monkey and bananas, but for some reason people find it insulting)

Well just find someone nearly equal

3 minutes ago, JohnLick said:

Well, if you take a tiger out of forest you have to feed it... it won't become a domestic cat anytime soon.

(I would say monkey and bananas, but for some reason people find it insulting)

Well just find someone nearly equal

Whatever animals you use it will remain offensive, people being all the same species your analogy is just racist drivel.

3 hours ago, BKK1969 said:

They are under constant pressure to repatriate money home, which they do but can ill afford. This confuses the husbands who take time to understand the tribal nature of these families and the near absence of a welfare state.

It takes the husband many years to realise that the girls are in a bind trying to please both husband and family.

This is a side of the Thai/Farang marriage syndrome seldom discussed on these forums (fora).

This is very true, and another reason, I know I have to give her family at least the same financial support as she would do if working full time, and that is very closely what I do, except like when grandmother dies I am happy to do a lot more, or son needs motorbike, I buy a nearly new one at auction save some money and good for everyone

I did not pay sinsod, it was her second marriage, and there was no problem there, I did however promise to help her family, and maybe I need to look again at that and increase it a little

If I do not do this my wife will be uncomfortable and maybe not look after me as well

The system works quite well for Thai families, and in some ways is more loving than what we have in the west

I know when I am ill the wife and stepsons will do their best to take care of me, another reason I stay here despite having some major illnesses and going back to the UK and NHS

Some of the comments on this thread have deteriorated and are unkind to others may I suggest unecessary

God Bless

• Thanks 1