BANGKOK 20 October 2018 18:26
webfact

Analysis: Trump's U.N. speech shows nationalist instincts firmly intact

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Let me guess…barack obama disagrees too.

Yes we need more liberal Democratic policy. (Communist raise in Europe and Central South America, Raise of Iran fundamentalist, Sadam Hussain ,Osama bibLaden, North Korea)

Republican policy of confrontation does nothing (except crush the Iron Curtain,  end communism in South and Central America, free Kuwait,  kill Hussein, and destroy al-Queada. )

lets just be nice like Obama. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Thongkorn said:

Balls that big , the GUy needs a wheelbarrow , well said a bit of truth for a change.

I don't know how big his balls are, but I reckon they're hangin' really really LOW like any 71 year old. I don't think that tiny hands is predictive of balls. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

More about trump's fascist speech at the U.N. The U.S. used to at least stand for good things. Now we don't. That's a crying shame.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/09/trump_at_the_u_n_was_just_another_populist_thug.html

Our Demagogue

For the first time, the American president was just another populist thug.

Culture, spirit, national will. We’ve heard those appeals before. We know where they led. That’s why we have a United Nations.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

More about trump's fascist speech at the U.N. The U.S. used to at least stand for good things. Now we don't. That's a crying shame.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/09/trump_at_the_u_n_was_just_another_populist_thug.html

Translation: More liberal whining from The Slate, that was probably written before Trump gave the speech

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, retarius said:

Trump is certifiably insane. He needs to be sectioned asap. How much more US aggression can the world accept. It is time for nations to unite against US aggression but the supine, pusillanimous leaders of big western nations like May, Merkel and Macron are scared to death. 

Russia and China need to wake up and sign a mutual defense contract or else be picked off one at a time.

What is disturbing about NK is that, like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria, it is not about NK aggression (who have they invaded recently?). No the problem with NK is if they get a deterrent then they become immune to US hegemony, and NK have no beef with the vast majority of nations on this earth...only the regime changing warmongers like US and UK.

And your medical qualifications are and when did you exam the POTUS in order to provide your certification?  Why haven't you give the same diagnosis to NK's  beloved leader, dictator and murderer?  Is it because you want to gather browny points by only slinging of at those who offer challenges to this moron?  A little one sided me thinks. Who started the Korean War?  Not a hard question but I give you a hint, it wasn't South Korea or the USA.  Technically, they are still at war, no peace treaty has ever been signed.

So to fly ICBM's over Japan is not aggressive; to tell the USA that they will destroy them is not aggressive; to tell South Korea they will destroy them is not aggressive; to kill and imprison millions of his people, kill his relatives is apparently not aggressive either, is that correct?  Please wake up and take off your rose coloured glasses.

Of course NK has no beef with many other nations, why would they when they are selling drugs to them, buying arms from them, trading with and are never criticised by them.  They won't bite the hands that feed them and become aggressive when a few stand up to them.  There is a non nuclear proliferation treaty in place on the peninsular so why has NK pulled out of this treaty, can you answer that?

And the UN, of which NK is a member, since 1991, has put in place, by a 15 vote to 0 majority, sanctions in an attempt to reign them in, and stop them from becoming the nuclear power that "Rocket Man" wants, yet NK gives them the "Bird" and continues to promote itself as the destroyer of the USA and certain allies.  

I hope that there is no war, as many millions will perish but "Rocket Man" should tread lightly, as if he starts something then it can be assured he will not finish it and a beautiful country, that most of us know nothing about, will no longer exist should America  bring it's might to bear on this murderous regime.:wai:

"...then-President Bill Clinton made a remarkably similar threat back in 1993 against Kim’s grandfather, Kim Il-sung. During a trip through Asia, Clinton said this about his policy towards North Korea: “We would overwhelmingly retaliate if they were to ever use, to develop and use nuclear weapons. It would mean the end of their country as they know it.” How did liberals respond? Says Kengor: “They loved it. They pumped their firsts. They pounded their chests. They gave high-fives.”"  Reactions are based on who is giving the speech.  Liberals hate Trump, so their reaction is expected.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/20/look-who-else-threatened-north-korea-hillarys-new-delusions-and-other-comments/

16 minutes ago, landslide said:

"...then-President Bill Clinton made a remarkably similar threat back in 1993 against Kim’s grandfather, Kim Il-sung. During a trip through Asia, Clinton said this about his policy towards North Korea: “We would overwhelmingly retaliate if they were to ever use, to develop and use nuclear weapons. It would mean the end of their country as they know it.” How did liberals respond? Says Kengor: “They loved it. They pumped their firsts. They pounded their chests. They gave high-fives.”"  Reactions are based on who is giving the speech.  Liberals hate Trump, so their reaction is expected.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/20/look-who-else-threatened-north-korea-hillarys-new-delusions-and-other-comments/

Massively different tone, context  and emphasis. Who do you you're fooling claiming they're the same? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Massively different tone, context  and emphasis. Who do you you're fooling claiming they're the same? 

A very different time, as well.  North Korea did not have nuclear weapons yet.  They did not have potential ICBM technology yet   Clinton decided to attempt to appease North Korea with $5 billion in aid.  That obviously did not work.  Obama's non-confrontational milquetoast  lack of response to North Korea's nuclear tests did not work.  You are the one trying to fool people due to your passionate hatred of Trump.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/20/2017 at 11:34 PM, funandsuninbangkok said:

I love New Yorkers! Especially from Queens!

Yo, I'm walkin hea! 

You lookin at me??? 

All other cities are fakin it

Seeing this massively off topic post has been allowed to stand I guess I am allowed to respond- I saw the Beastie Boys live back in the late 80's supporting Run DMC.  The Beastie Boys were utterly <deleted>.  Run DMC on the other hand were bloody amazing. So there you go.

23 minutes ago, landslide said:

A very different time, as well.  North Korea did not have nuclear weapons yet.  They did not have potential ICBM technology yet   Clinton decided to attempt to appease North Korea with $5 billion in aid.  That obviously did not work.  Obama's non-confrontational milquetoast  lack of response to North Korea's nuclear tests did not work.  You are the one trying to fool people due to your passionate hatred of Trump.  

Cute deflection. So it turns out that you agree with me that the speeches were not at all the same. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Cute deflection. So it turns out that you agree with me that the speeches were not at all the same. 

I don't agree with you at all.  Given the climate at the time, Clinton's speech was as aggressive as was Trump's.  Also different is that Trump will not try to bribe North Korea, as did Clinton, in an attempt to put off the problem until later.  

2 minutes ago, landslide said:

I don't agree with you at all.  Given the climate at the time, Clinton's speech was as aggressive as was Trump's.  Also different is that Trump will not try to bribe North Korea, as did Clinton, in an attempt to put off the problem until later.  

Turns out you do agree whether you admit or not. You posted a right wing propaganda piece from the New York Post, took the thoughts as your own, but it turns out they were not the same speech at all. That's an objective fact. Deal with it. 

I also agree with you these are different times.

I don't agree that trump's bombastic nuclear war threats were helpful. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Turns out you do agree whether you admit or not. You posted a right wing propaganda piece from the New York Post, took the thoughts as your own, but it turns out they were not the same speech at all. That's an objective fact. Deal with it. 

I also agree with you these are different times.

I don't agree that trump's bombastic nuclear war threats were helpful. 

I read the New York Post.  I also read the Washington Post and the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times and the San Francisco Chronicle, the Portland Oregonian and the Seattle Times.  I try to get all sides of the news.  Based on your posting history, you are not open to alternative points of view, so I won't bother you any more.  Have a good day.