Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
vspin134

45min wait at immigration is back

As of late last night arrival I noticed the line formed all the way past 45min wait time. Most of waiting visitors appear to be China mainland well they still don't deserve that kind of wait at LOS. 

IMG_20171004_0039337.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And yet at mid evening,  it was quiet.  When several  wide bodies arrive, there will be a delay.  45 minutes is acceptable when one takes into consideration traffic flow. Compared to  delays at other airports BKK is still decent. Miami can take 3 hours, Toronto 2+ hours, Paris - 1+hour, Gatwick- 2-3 hours, Madrid - 3 hours,  etc.

• Like 2

Thanks for the report.

As previous post: 45 min could be spent better, but it is not as terrible than from reports some two/three months ago.

• Like 2

Good guys IN ....

Low profits from Chinese tourism, packages all inclusive from china. Nothing for the local economy, boring other tourists everywhere from the arrival! to do queue only for the Chinese is the way. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

And yet at mid evening,  it was quiet.  When several  wide bodies arrive, there will be a delay.  45 minutes is acceptable when one takes into consideration traffic flow. Compared to  delays at other airports BKK is still decent. Miami can take 3 hours, Toronto 2+ hours, Paris - 1+hour, Gatwick- 2-3 hours, Madrid - 3 hours,  etc.

Agreed. I do fear, though, what it will be like during the peak of the coming high season ... :wacko:

I've been through immigration at Suwarnabhumi a few times in the past 4/5 months and it took anything from 15 minutes to 1h30'. Each time it was obvious that the bulk of the crowd is from mainland China, so I think it's time to rename this airport Chinabhumi.

In terms of strict figures it certainly supports the claims of TAT (numbers of tourists going up up up). As for the true impact of this new model on Thai income (short, middle and long term), that I bet is a very different story.

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

I came in 2 weeks ago and waited for 1 hour

They were training for the Golden Week...  :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my opinion the worst operated airport in operation. In Singapore, which receives plenty of visitors, the average wait through immigration is measured in seconds !

I came through DMK at noon on the 28th and the line was short of the fifteen minute marker.

6 hours ago, vspin134 said:

As of late last night arrival I noticed the line formed all the way past 45min wait time. Most of waiting visitors appear to be China mainland well they still don't deserve that kind of wait at LOS. 

IMG_20171004_0039337.jpg

Yes, they DO deserve that, and are used to it back home !

Came through yesterday at about 10:00. Waited about half an hour or so. Not great, but it was just a delight to be off that sodding plane!

Off topic, I did not see anyone asked to show money on arrival.

• Like 2

I was there last night around 7pm - Emirates A380 from Dubai with maybe 500 on board and got ahead of the masses. It still took about 30 min but I was lucky enough to get ahead of a few tour groups. At least they had most of the desks manned which is a huge change from before. At least they are taking baby steps to fix the problem, but they really need to follow the example in Singapore and HK to enable more frequent visitors to use the automated channels. If that took out 25% of the people it would be a huge improvement.