Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
vspin134

45min wait at immigration is back

I came in from Shanghai Friday evening and walked straight up to an immigration desk with no queue at all.  Luggage through fairly quickly and off we go.

The week before I came in from Singapore and only had two people in front of me at immigration.  

I travel through the airport a lot and the long queue is the exception rather than the rule - it's usually pretty good.  Leaving BKK tends to be slower, but even then it moves quickly enough.

Is there a particular time of the day that its likely queues will be longer due to more passengers arriving? I know you should staff according to demand, but I am just womdering what are the busiest and quietest times of the day in terms of flight arrivals, in case the get their rotas wrong for IOs required. TIT after all 😉

16:30 Hrs on the 31st Oct I arrived at the foot of the ramp into Immigration to where the queue and chaos started, of the 12 or so (24 Stations) "Foreign Passport Holders" only 9 were manned in fact as I was getting closer one guy closed his leaving 8. By the time I got to the luggage carousel a large pile had been removed and stacked off to one side. Near on 1 hour 50 minutes to get to the dreaded Taxi queue where I waited another 35 Minutes.

What a farce and effin disgrace.

I flew in to Suvaranbhumi last night at 9:00 PM.  There was basically no queue at Immigration and just one or two people at each of the booths waiting to be processed so a 1 or 2 minute wait.  I was through quickly and my baggage was at the carousel when I got there so I was in a taxi within 30 minutes of the flight touching down.  Be great if it was like this all the time!

On 7.10.2017 at 1:15 PM, DipStick said:

Over the eight years living in China, I have noticed that the Chinese Immigration to be very efficient. In places such as LoWu, Shekou Ferry, Guangzhou and Beijing Irports, they have "Foreigner Only lanes" and usually a breeze 

you've got to be f*#ing kidding me. Going from BKK to Beijing via Guangzhou I spend about 1 hour in the foreigner lane. About half of that time until the chinese line was empty and then repurposed for laowai. The idea behind "Foreigners Only" is to process the own citizens faster. Kind of fair, because the wait for non-EU-citizens at EU-airports is almost equally bad.

No, If I ever had a quick run through chinese immigration it sure wasn't anywhere close to Beijing or Shenzhen. Shanghai and Zhejiang are pretty ok most of the time though.

I shan't be worrying about immigration queues for the next couple of months. The usual +-$7-800 fare I pay from Perth is up $1900 for the two months. For another $500 I could go to the UK and back!