Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
funandsuninbangkok

No alcohol sales for 9 days in Hua Hin??????

Recommended Posts

On 05/10/2017 at 10:18 AM, Wim1954 said:

So what is the problem here ? Wow the farangs having a problem they can't buy/ drink alcohol bc they don't want to pay respect for the Late King Bhumibol. Dombo's......

Maybe they want to toast him with alcohol at his send off. I can't imagine a funeral without booze

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wim1954 said:

I'm not here to help tourist who want to disobey the law of the country they visit. And for your info it is official you are not reading checking the news either ?

I read that you feel very strongly about farangs showing respect, including respect of the law in Thailand...

 

So can you confirm to us that Thailand will be doing the same and closing all the sex shops/brothels, that are in fact illegal, as a sign of respect at this time.....?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, transam said:

I read that you feel very strongly about farangs showing respect, including respect of the law in Thailand...

 

So can you confirm to us that Thailand will be doing the same and closing all the sex shops/brothels, that are in fact illegal, as a sign of respect at this time.....?

You can ask the goverment you are on the wrong website bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wim1954 said:

You can ask the goverment you are on the wrong website bye.

Strange you do not answer with your view and just dodge..Oh well.....:coffee1:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bar near me is Thai run and guess which is the nosiest right at this moment?  Why should I show respect whey the locals can't be bothered.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well today is the 13th and the bars are closed here in my local town,[non tourist area- but lot of expats] however i went to a shop and brought a box of singha no problem,however i do think it will be different on 26th, i reckon most buisness will be closed,so stock up before,no problems. Of course if you are a tourist it is very inconvienient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Bar near me is Thai run and guess which is the nosiest right at this moment?  Why should I show respect whey the locals can't be bothered.

Bc this is theyre country maybe ? You are a guest with a permission to stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And what about the international tourists that arrive on day one of the ban with no chance of "buying in advance" who expect to have a drink on thier holiday? 
Serves them right for choosing Hua hin. It's to quite in high season but totally deserted right now.

The cure is easy.. Ferry to Pattaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2017 at 10:28 AM, gwynt said:

And what about the international tourists that arrive on day one of the ban with no chance of "buying in advance" who expect to have a drink on thier holiday? 

Too bad so sad. They can go back to the airport immediately and fly back home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Wim1954 said:

Bc this is theyre country maybe ? You are a guest with a permission to stay.

Rubbish. The little shop keepers and peons are only given a little  bit of slack. This is to keep them docile. The country belongs to a small group of ruling families and their strategic allies.

 

Yes many of us are "guests", but  we are treated much better than most of the Thai population. We have material wealth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2017 at 5:32 PM, Wim1954 said:

Bc this is theyre country maybe ? You are a guest with a permission to stay.

Many foreigners sadly have the attitude i will do as i damn please. How dare you comment on their behavior. The Thais are much too kind to these losers.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Many foreigners sadly have the attitude i will do as i damn please. How dare you comment on their behavior. The Thais are much too kind to these losers.

As someone who has worked in the tourist game,I think you are mixing up tourists and expats

 

Many of these"losers " are bona fide tourists of various budgets coming for a holiday who frankly are unlikely to know about what's happening and to be honest care even less!

Either way  an extended dry period (if this is the case) they will not forget for sure tell their peers the result  is probably  not going to help a dwindling  source of western holidaymakers when other countries nearby  are available .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Rubbish. The little shop keepers and peons are only given a little  bit of slack. This is to keep them docile. The country belongs to a small group of ruling families and their strategic allies.

 

Yes many of us are "guests", but  we are treated much better than most of the Thai population. We have material wealth. 

Good for you and it is not many of us are guests but EVERYBODY every farang it doesn't matter what visa you have where you come from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 18 October 2017 00:08
Sponsors
×