Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Thailand again listed as deadliest spot for Australians abroad last year

Thailand again listed as deadliest spot for Australians abroad last year

ALMOST 50 Aussies were murdered overseas last year according to a new report which reveals the country that was our most dangerous holiday destination for the second year running.

Tom Minear and Rob Harris

NEARLY 50 Australians were murdered overseas last year according to a new report which again named Thailand as the most dangerous holiday destination.

Almost 1700 Australian tourists died while abroad, including 203 in Thailand, 126 in the Philippines and 107 in Indonesia.

New figures show 446 tourists lost their lives due to illness, 211 died in accidents and 68 died by suicide, while another 340 Australians died of natural causes.

Forty-nine people were murdered. The Consular State of Play report also revealed that the number of Australians who were the victims of assault overseas had soared 39 per cent in the last five years.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/thailand-again-listed-as-deadliest-spot-for-australians-abroad-last-year/news-story/e8061a47e47112ecbfc9462d2668e652

news_comau_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright News.com.au 2017-10-05

Posted (edited)

- 1 people some was killed in and in Kata Beatch in Phuket whit parasailing = Mafia.

Edited by nasa123

57 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Fist it was 50 Aussies murdered overseas, then later in the article it was 49 Aussies murdered, the Consular state of play stated, but the article fails to clarify if it was in Thailand or an accumulation of other countries, I would suggest the latter.

Poor reporting in my opinion.

Overseas......so the 50 or 49  were not all in Thailand....just that Thailand is the most dangerous for the Australian. The higher percentage I suppose.....very badly written.

14 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Overseas......so the 50 or 49  were not all in Thailand....just that Thailand is the most dangerous for the Australian. The higher percentage I suppose.....very badly written.

Yeh, my thoughts exactly.

And is it only me?

The article from the link is only available with paid subscription.

:angry: