Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Attorney-General prepares to request Yingluck’s extradition from UK

Recommended Posts

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:49 AM, webfact said:

THE OFFICE of the Attorney-General’s international affairs department is preparing to set up a working group to handle an extradition request for fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

A "working group" is to be set up ... ooooh, How Exciting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A working group they say. 

 

Are the members of this group from Myanmar? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 5:49 AM, webfact said:

A century-old extradition treaty between Thailand and the UK is still in force and British laws also cover graft and negligence-related cases, Amnat added.

 

Does the Century old treaty cover G2G extradition when there is no government in place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, coulson said:

A century-old extradition treaty between Thailand and the UK is still in force and British laws also cover graft and negligence-related cases, Amnat added.

They also cover political persecution keep on dreaming little man of no morals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2017 at 10:49 PM, webfact said:

How could I meet her and no one saw it? I don’t know when she came to London. I was there for two days and met two UK ministers. That’s it,” Prawit said

Lowly Trade ministers of no concern was that? Any others would not get out of bed to meet him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Becker said:

So yuo want corrupt institutions to reform a corrupt institution and you expect that to bring about real change for the better???

So, what do you suggest they do?

Who will reform the military when the politicians are as corrupt as the judiciary, military, police and the civil service?

Think it through...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:49 AM, webfact said:

A century-old extradition treaty between Thailand and the UK is still in force and British laws also cover graft and negligence-related cases, Amnat added.

Thailand does not take laws off its books they just put ones on top, and they can dig up old laws, and have, and use them is present day. However this in no  way means the Brtish  have it on their books. However that would require reporters   to ask a question or two and that would be impolite .... so   :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Lowly Trade ministers of no concern was that? Any others would not get out of bed to meet him.

Just was a big junket trip  cost the Thai taxpayers millions and what they get in return NOTHING Notice he is wearing nice new suiets Maybe a little shopping in London

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

So, what do you suggest they do?

Who will reform the military when the politicians are as corrupt as the judiciary, military, police and the civil service?

Think it through...

 

 

 

 

I have thought it through as opposed to you. The only way real reform can be started is if the institution overseeing the reforms is corruption free.  And since everyone knows that cannot be said for the armed forces this is all just a show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Becker said:

I have thought it through as opposed to you. The only way real reform can be started is if the institution overseeing the reforms is corruption free.  And since everyone knows that cannot be said for the armed forces this is all just a show.

Well if you have thought it through...

What do you suggest they do?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 10:49 AM, webfact said:

... and was seeking to recruit experts to join it.

So, they can't do their job. They have to get "experts" (what's an expert, mummy?) to help them. Dearie me. This is pathetic.

 

On 10/6/2017 at 10:49 AM, webfact said:

“How could I meet her and no one saw it?"

Let me explain, dear general. You advertise for a semi-retired spy (there are hundreds floating around London these days). He will slip you out the back door of your hotel to avoid the hundreds of reporters dogging your every step. You get into a nondescript car which will then be driven sedately to a quiet hotel, possibly called the Four Seasons (hehe) where Yingluck will be discretely waiting in a darkened, oak-panelled room guarded by other semi-retired spies. Amid glasses of cognac and cigar smoke, you can wai each other and no one will see it. It's that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Well if you have thought it through...

What do you suggest they do?

 

Reinstate democracy, leave it alone and hope that somewhere down the line it will evolve into something better that what we have seen so far. One thing is certain; junta rule has been tried 20 times without anything positive coming from it. It's time to try something different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Becker said:

Reinstate democracy, leave it alone and hope that somewhere down the line it will evolve into something better that what we have seen so far. One thing is certain; junta rule has been tried 20 times without anything positive coming from it. It's time to try something different.

Just a question? I sthis the longest the military have been in government? Does anybody know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, Becker said:

Reinstate democracy, leave it alone and hope that somewhere down the line it will evolve into something better that what we have seen so far. One thing is certain; junta rule has been tried 20 times without anything positive coming from it. It's time to try something different.

If only that would work.

There would be civil war within 6 years.

:sad:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 23 November 2017 03:05
Sponsors
×