BANGKOK 13 November 2018 09:53
rooster59

Pattaya police chief warns operators to tone it down in October - or else!

Pattaya police chief warns operators to tone it down in October - or else!

Walking-Street.jpg

Amid growing confusion about what is acceptable behavior during the period of the Royal Funeral observation a letter has been issued to bar owners in Pattaya.

It comes from the chief of police at the resort and while it is still open to interpretation it leaves little doubt about what will happy if, in the eyes of the force, their edict is broken.

Apichai Krobpetch said in the letter addressed to all entertainment operators that his requests were in line with government policy for the observance of protocols during the period of the Royal Funeral from October 1 to 31st.

He said that music (dontree) or entertainment/amusement (mahorasop) must stop "in the open" (nai thee long).

(Thaivisa has included transliteration of the terms used in brackets so that individuals can come to their own understanding of what is meant).

This edict would seem to suggest that so long as matters were kept quiet behind closed doors then nothing would be said. 

But in the chief's final sentence there was no doubt. 

He said that should operators contravene what was acceptable they would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-07

I suppose at least we can be grateful[i do not live in Pattaya}, that the original idea of closing all bars everywhere and banning alcohol  sales for the month have been discarded,however it may be that during the week of the late Kings cremation,that this could be adopted.

• Like 1

Or else... we're going to hit you with 500 baht fine... see the outcome

of the dumb-ass who jumped on the woman car the other day...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said that should operators contravene what was acceptable they would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There is a law in place that covers this situation?

I seriously doubt that but then most of the bars are breaking a heap of other laws so they will just do you for that I guess...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

I hope a copy of this letter finds its way to the (police owned) bars on 3rd road.........:whistling:

And the bars on Soi Whitehouse in Jomtien.