Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
nickmondo

Can I take more than 20,000 US from Thailand in cash

2 hours ago, attrayant said:

Catch me if you can.

Nahhh, it's called "cash me if you can" :sleep:

7 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

To clarify, the above is not my opinion, these are quoted regulations on restricted items for Thailand, so the veracity of the information should be cross-checked

7 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Restricted Items

The following items require a permit from the stated government agency in order to pass Customs formalities:

• Office of National Police - Firearms; Ammunition; Explosives objects
  • Fine Arts Department - Buddha images; Artifacts and antiques
  • Post & Telegraph Department - Radio transceivers and telecommunications equipment
  • Department of Agriculture - Plants and planting materials
  • Department of Live Stock Development - Live animals and animal products
  • Office of Food and Drugs Administration - Medicines and chemical products
  • There is no limit on the amount of Thai currency which can be brought into Thailand, but only Bt 50,000 may be taken out without obtaining a permit.
  • When carrying Thai currency to neighboring countries, e.g., Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Vietnam, up to 500,000 baht, may be taken out without obtaining a permit.
  • Carrying out an amount of Thai currency which exceeds the above stated limit requires a permit from an authorized bank. The original permit (Thor-Tor. 5) must be shown to the Customs officer while passing through the outbound passenger channel.
  • There is no restriction on both bringing in and carrying out foreign currency.

Doesn't the last line of the quoted regulation apply also? No restrictions on foreign currency.?

The OP said he was taking Euros, not Baht.

11 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Restricted Items

• There is no limit on the amount of Thai currency which can be brought into Thailand, but only Bt 50,000 may be taken out without obtaining a permit.

It should be noted this refers to Thai currency i.e. Thai baht.

21 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

There is no limit on the amount of Thai currency which can be brought into Thailand, but only Bt 50,000 may be taken out without obtaining a permit.

This is for Thai baht. There is no limit for foreign currency.

Just go to the VAT refund desk and complete the form. No hassle at all.

Take a photo for additional proof when you pay into your home bank account.

9 hours ago, mstevens said:

It should be noted this refers to Thai currency i.e. Thai baht.

I guess thats why they wrote Bt 50 000

I thought when traveling internationally with cash in excess of $10,000 USA that it must declared.

Think Gold...buy here, sell there. It worked for me. But I did have one friend in Cambodia buy $56,000 in Bitcoin before he went back to the U.S. and three day later it went up $126.00...lucky SOB.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:17 AM, Preacher said:

Of course when arriving at your destination you will need to declare it as well and you could be questioned again for the same reasons and need to show proof again.

Indeed he will since the amount involved is way in excess of 10,000 EUR:-

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/individuals/cash-controls_en

Just separate your cash up, some in your hand luggage, some in ur wallet, some in ur main luggage, job done.

dont declare shit.

i always take more and have never been asked, just don’t think about it.

last time I took through a <deleted> unlabeled open tub of white powder, creatine,, it never got swabbed or anything, I even asked about it on arrival in Bangkok as had it in hand luggage and they just said what is it.

thryre not arsed unless u got 100000k to buy 30 girls for the sex trade and feeding them full of amphetamines with guns to their head. 

Declare it at your own will

On 10/9/2017 at 10:17 AM, Preacher said:

Money that you can't explain runs the risk of being seized till you can proof the origin.

One of the things criminals like about cash is that it's untraceable.  Can you tell me how you can prove where that $20 bill in your pocket came from?