Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Billy Bloggs

Introduction to immigration in Buri Ram

Good point about attire, Billy.

I cringe sometimes when I see how people turn up at immigration.

The offices in Korat have even posted do and don't photos and turn people away who are not correctly attired.

I'm sure that shopping malls have different views than immigration. I also guess that military personnel would not be permitted to wear shorts when in an being interviewed by officers about official matters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

A school or University uniform/blazer always looks like your a respectable member of the local community, in the same way as a work permit/tax receipts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

The day I give a monkey's cuss about what a Thai immigration officer thinks of me .... will never come.

They are told what to wear and, like Thai society, is based on hierarchy and subservience.

Certainly not advocating turning up like a slob - just appropriately dressed.

Remember, an A-hole is still an A-hole whether he wears trousers or not. Judging people by what they are , and what they do, is far better than judging them by what they wear................ too many are fooled by that.

You really do have a chip on your shoulder, don't you?

You will give a monkey's what's it the day you realise that the guy has taken a dislike to you, doesn't trust you and has it in his power to do terrible things to you. 

• Like 2

On 10/9/2017 at 8:37 PM, sinbin said:

And before you should feel ashamed of your fellow customers you should read the newspapers on how certain Thais display themselves abroad ie shopping malls.

We're talking shopping malls in Germany and airport. Obviously my comment went so far over your head it was in outer-space. Go read the farang newspapers.

30 minutes ago, cooked said:

Just accept that turning up looking like a slob won't be in your favour if you have some kind of a problem.  

Same as per my comment above.

12 minutes ago, cooked said:

You will give a monkey's what's it the day you realise that the guy has taken a dislike to you, doesn't trust you and has it in his power to do terrible things to you. 

You could be dressed to the nines but will it get you a better service? Not IMO. My comment above applies. 

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Grow up!

They are just government officials.

They are police officers.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 8:13 PM, Billy Bloggs said:

I really only wanted to do my report for changed of address

You don't do the TM30 report. Your landlord does. Not your concern.

On 10/9/2017 at 8:13 PM, Billy Bloggs said:

he was most helpful and got things done as quickly as possible even cracking a joke or two, maybe it was as I was dressed in long pants(just ex trackie pants and a collared shirt) and talked easily with him)

The guy you're talking about is called Khun Arcade. Do not think he gave you preferential treatment cuz you wore 'long pants'. I first met the guy 12 years ago when he worked at Kap Choeng IO. I wore shorts then and I wore shorts last week when I spoke with him last. The guy ain't no sticker for the dress rules.

To prove I'm correct in who we're talking about, he has a short goaty beard. Usually he sits at the desk on the left as you face the officers.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 8:37 PM, sinbin said:

Even the military wear shorts as I well know being ex myself. Only excused if you have a doctors note. And wearing shorts isn't discourteous. It not the dress it's the manner in which you display yourself. And before you should feel ashamed of your fellow customers you should read the newspapers on how certain Thais display themselves abroad ie shopping malls. Oh yeah it works both ways.

You should have just stuck to the facts instead of criticising others. Would have been a worthy post then.

Image result for soldiers wearing shorts

The lead man being that rarest of beasts, a left handed SLR operator.

• Haha 1