Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Jonathan Fairfield

Unregistered drones BANNED in Thailand

Unregistered drones banned

3299e271e314c802957e3a4a905efc15.jpeg

Owners have been given 90 days from Friday to register their drones, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) announced on Wednesday.

NBTC Secretary General Takorn Tantasith said the decision was taken to deal with the rampant use of drones in Thailand, while only 350 are registered with the Civil Aviation of Thailand (CAT). 

Takorn said owners of illegal drones should register them at the NBTC headquarters in Bangkok, its branches in many provinces, police stations and CAT offices.  

Failure to register them within 90 days from Friday could result in a jail term of not more than five years and/or a fine of not more than Bt100,000 or both. 

Takorn emphasised the complete ban on drones in the vicinity of the Royal Funeral of His Majesty the late King which is being held at Sanam Luang from October 25 to 29. 

The radius of the ban is 19 kilometres from Sanam Luang that goes as far as the border of Samut Prakarn, Nakhon Pathom and Nonthaburi provinces.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30329068

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-11
  • Haha 1

Good, funnily enough just reminded me of a dream I had last about drones, must be some kind of warning premonition as I'm flying into Bangkok at the end of the month

• Confused 1

Is this for funeral or every drone in Thailand?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Should have read the whole article 90 day amnesty and then anyone can register or 5 years prison if you don't register, yeah right 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moti24 said:

I had a dream last night; I was eating a giant marshmallow!  When I woke-up, my pillow had gone.

Nice one hahahahahaha

They were always banned as you need a license for any form of radio communication.

Wont stop the shops in Pantip to sell them though.

Edited by MadMac
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1