Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Geoff Khaolak

Opening a Bank account in. Bangkok

Large branches of Bangkok bank are probably your best chance. You might need a reference from an existing account holder.

• Like 1

Go to the Mabokhlong shopping center. When visiting Bangkok its a must anyway. Many banks there will be more than happy to open an account for you,

Manila-Joe

Edited by ManilaJoe

apparently the bangkok bank close to asok bts is easy on tourist visa but like a lot of things it probably depends on who you see on the day. should be easy enough but you might need to go to more than one bank on the day. most of the large malls should be worth trying such as mbk as mentioned above

Absolutely none from my experience with a tourist Visa.  Not even a Retirement Visa will cut it now in BKK. They want a confirmed Thailand address.  Work Visa OK.

New rules they say.

I shopped a lot and finally had to go to Pattaya to open an account.

Good Luck.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

As a last resort perhaps head out to the immigration building at Chaeng Wattana and try one of the bank branches on the ground floor there. I think that one or more of them would help you open an account.

• Like 2

A couple of the legal service offices can help u open a savings account. Including near Asok junction. For a fee, that is..

Edited by Essecola

Absolutely none from my experience with a tourist Visa.  Not even a Retirement Visa will cut it now in BKK. They want a confirmed Thailand address.  Work Visa OK.
New rules they say.

I shopped a lot and finally had to go to Pattaya to open an account.
Good Luck.

What exactly is a “confirmed thai address”?

I opened a bank account near Asok. I have a tourist visa. They asked for address but needed no proof of it. Just passport.

4 minutes ago, Essecola said:

I opened a bank account near Asok. I have a tourist visa. They asked for address but needed no proof of it. Just passport.

Oh really?

What bank/branch and who was your contact?

???

30 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

a bit of a personal question don't you think. he just wants one. do you work at poipet or something 555

Just trying to understand the gentleman's need which in all likelihood the bank official is unlikely to do. I have yet to come across a Swede who is touchy about being asked why he wanted to open a bank account in Thailand.