Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
vi2004

Phu Nam Ron with Non O Multiple Entry - to go or not to go?

drove up to poipet last year. funny place. was between visas. was on a tourist visa then i think. as leaving a young immo guy said maybe you can't come back in. yes i can i said. if you go maybe not allowed back. he said up to the boss. the boss is a lady it turns out, well it was on that day. crossed over came back. probably sat there with the lady for about half an hour grilling me about why i live in thailand. not sure i said. keep asking myself that everyday 555 stamped and back in. there's just better borders than poipet. haven't been there for a while but i think they are just saying use another border. they will let you cross with a smile but just be warned they won't make it easy. use another border if you have to leave on whatever visa you have

I agree with your analysis of those attempting to enter the US legally.  Many sad-stories of those coming from the Philippines and elsewhere, who had visas, but the IO didn't like something, and denied them entry for no reasonable cause.  But as regards immigration-stats and effects in the USA ...

7 hours ago, BritTim said:
  • The number of illegal immigrants in the US has been dropping steadily since 2007.

All mainstream-reported illegal-population estimates (the ~11-Million figure) are based on US-Census data, which assumes that Illegal-Aliens "report themselves as illegals" on US-govt census-forms and to federal census-workers.  Bear Stearns did an analysis to aid those in the financial-markets (who have a vested interest in knowing the truth), based on more reliable data, such as remittances, and came to a figure that was multiple times the "official" number. 

There was a drop in the influx, due to Trump's campaign-rhetoric and election, but when he continued the "catch and release" policy, began supporting a partial-amnesty, and the new heads of ICE and DHS continually swore they would not even look for illegals who were not committing crimes beyond illegal-entry, illegal-working, identity-theft, federal-document forgery, etc (what every illegal-alien does as a matter of course) the numbers have since risen sharply.

Illegal-immigration into the USA has decimated entire work-sectors, food-packing, trades, etc throwing millions into poverty, as the labor-market has been flooded.  But you won't see this "on TV," which is owned, literally, by the very transnational corporations who benefit from maximizing the percentage of workers earning poverty-wages. 

Those most hurt, demographically per-capita, are African-Americans, with citizen-Hispanics 2nd worst off - yet enforcement of the laws on the books is called "racist."  Irony of ironies - amazing what "owning the media" lets you get away with - and convince good, well-meaning people is "the truth."

Poipet, America and there's me thinking this thread was about Phu Nam Ron :whistling:

Two more questions before I plan to go to Phu Nam Ron at the weekend:

1. Any changes for the opening times of the border due to the special days at the moment in Thailand? Are these vans that take you into no-mans land going frequently? Is there a time of day that one should be at the border at the latest?

2. Should I bring 20.000 baht in cash?

Thanks a lot

Edited by vi2004

1 minute ago, vi2004 said:

1. Any changes for the opening times of the border due to the special days at the moment in Thailand?

2. Should I bring 20.000 baht in cash?

1. No changes.

2. I have never seen a report of it being asked for at that crossing.

Sorry ubonjoe, you had been so fast, I was still extending my first question: ;-)

Are these vans that take you into no man's land going frequently? Is there a time of day that one should be at the border at the latest?

8 minutes ago, vi2004 said:

Are these vans that take you into no man's land going frequently? Is there a time of day that one should be at the border at the latest?

They go when they have passengers. They are not always vans sometimes they are pickups.

I would say at least an hour or more before the border closes to have time to cross and return.

Ive been going to Ban Laem every 90 days for Four years now and have never been asked a single question, not even a smile, just a stamp and passport handed back to me thats the way i like it. I also stopped going to Chaengwattana for visa extensions because of ill treatment and superior attitudes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vi2004 said:

Only strange thing:

The immigration officer was checking my passport for a couple of minutes and was like talking to herself.

Not sure what the problem was. Everything important was on one double page:

- Exit stamp from Myanmar

- Thai Visa

- Arrival card with Thai visa number

They sometimes have an ear-piece and appear to be speaking to a supervisor (maybe their wife/husband - who knows).  Also, I have also seen them check every page of passports - presumably checking to see if it corresponds to the data in the computer, and any "interesting" countries were visited, which might indicate a security concern.