BANGKOK 19 October 2018 14:51
Briggsy

30-day Tourist Visa extension at Jomtien

'Never thought the 7-days-in-advance rule was actually written in stone, but I didn't think they would process anywhere near 30days ahead, anywhere.

Just "FYI"

For the last 2 years I've done 2 such extensions, March 2016 and 2017 each one (coincidentally) 10 days in advance of my "permission to stay" date. No comments were made on either occasion.

Thanks for this heads-up. 

My 60 day visa ends the last of January so I'm about to extended this coming week. It's my first extension ever. 

I tried Google but got mixed info. What documents do I need? Do I need to make any copies beforehand? 

Some links said I needed a verification from my Hotel, some didn't mention it. 

On 1/21/2018 at 9:07 PM, aldriglikvid said:

tried Google but got mixed info. What documents do I need? Do I need to make any copies beforehand? 

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

On 1/21/2018 at 9:07 PM, aldriglikvid said:

Some links said I needed a verification from my Hotel, some didn't mention it. 

Your hotel should of the done a report to immigration online if not you will be asked for a TM30 form.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Excellent! May I ask if you know a place in Pattaya that produce 4 x 6 photos on the go? :) 

Not sure but I am certain there is a shop near the immigration office that can do the photos.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure but I am certain there is a shop near the immigration office that can do the photos.

There is a shop in the grounds of the immigration office that does photos.

Had a friend go yesterday for 30day extension of stay,he was fined 1600 Baht because the owner/agent had not reported him staying at the condo. Seems that the person renting pays the fine if the owner/agent fails to register your stay within 3 days of arrival.

They give you this notice when you get the forms from the front desk at Jomtien.

1516689514708.jpg

7 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm staying at a guesthouse. Should ask them to register me then? 

By law they should of already done it. Ask them about it since they may of done it online. If they have all you will need is a receipt from them so immigration can check to see if it was done.

I'm getting a bit stirred up and anxious because everything is not falling in place. My guesthouse is giving me the "we will do it tomorrow", since friday. I have upon tuesday at latest to extend my visa...

Today my GH was unaware of this document of 2 pages that they are supposed to do, and which i'm supposed to hand in next to my own visa extension document (tm7). 

Can I find the document online ? (I forgot to take one at the immigration office and it's far away...). I wanna give it to the GH for them to prepare tonight. I'm able to the find the tm7 online.