Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
one baht

CONVERTING SINGLE ENTRY TR VISA TO 90 DAY NON O TIME PERIOD

Recommended Posts

 Hello all ,l arrived in Thailand on 3rd Oct with Single Entry TR visa,  How soon can l apply for a 90 day Non Immigrant  O visa , provided i have all the required documents ?,  thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as you want. You must apply with at least 15 days left of the current 60 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, one baht said:

Thank you for your swift reply Elviajero .

If it is an office other than CW-Bangkok, please let us know how it goes.  At CW, they tend to do it by the book, but reports from the others can help folks who live in those areas know what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the visa if granted would start on the day of applying, so you would lose any remaining time on the SETV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was informed today at Chaiyaphum Immigration that money has to be in the bank book for 6 months before applying for NON O IMMIGRANT 90 DAY VISA,   Dressed in full attire today , very friendly and suggested I go to Vientiane , everything else okay ,thats about it, thought this could helpful .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, one baht said:

Was informed today at Chaiyaphum Immigration that money has to be in the bank book for 6 months before applying for NON O IMMIGRANT 90 DAY VISA,   Dressed in full attire today , very friendly and suggested I go to Vientiane , everything else okay ,thats about it, thought this could helpful .

To apply for the visa the funds only has to be in the bank on the date you apply. There certainly is no requirement for it to be in the bank for 6 months. 

Looking at another topic you did I thought you would be showing a stat dec from your embassy to prove your income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes UbonJoe showed Stat Dec and combination with bank book is equivalent to 1.1 million baht, at 25.55 baht to the Australian dollar .The rate given to us by the officer.  l could do another Stat Dec to show a million baht by itself legitimately if you think that would do any good,  Another request was to show photos of the both of us in different rooms in her house, besides the photos standing  in front of her house showing the street number  . Officer made a few calls during the interview ,My girlfriend understood the calls were to Khon Kaen for clarificaton purposes . Like l said very friendly and seemed genuinely disappointed she couldn't help .

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, one baht said:

Yes UbonJoe showed Stat Dec and combination with bank book is equivalent to 1.1 million baht, at 25.55 baht to the Australian dollar .The rate given to us by the officer.  l could do another Stat Dec to show a million baht by itself legitimately if you think that would do any good,  Another request was to show photos of the both of us in different rooms in her house, besides the photos standing  in front of her house showing the street number  . Officer made a few calls during the interview ,My girlfriend understood the calls were to Khon Kaen for clarificaton purposes . Like l said very friendly and seemed genuinely disappointed she couldn't help .

The photos in and around the house are only needed if applying based upon marriage. Are you married?

Not sure where they came up with the 6 months perhaps confusion or a misunderstanding.

If you want to get a non-o outside the country based upon retirement Savannakhet would be a better choice than Vientiane since they want a medical certificate and a police clearance certificate, At Savannakhet your bank book and stat dec would be all you would need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No we aren't married UbonJoe , and we explained this to the officer, Thank you for your advice we will make plans to go to Savannakhet  .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So as far as all Immigration offices being instructed they have to do the 'conversions' now, it appears Chaiyaphum is a cop out.

They either don't know how to do it, or don't want to do it.

Getting a Non Imm O Visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate first makes their life so much easier.    :coffee1:

 

That's the third time in two weeks I've known Immigration say that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

So as far as all Immigration offices being instructed they have to do the 'conversions' now, it appears Chaiyaphum is a cop out.

They either don't know how to do it, or don't want to do it.

Getting a Non Imm O Visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate first makes their life so much easier.    :coffee1:

 

That's the third time in two weeks I've known Immigration say that.

as i posted recently mataput said no to a conversion, but offered me a 30 day and then that could be followed by a 60 day Thai wife extension. told me to go to London or laos

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Tanoshi it is a nuisance ,  but in my 71st year now and l just keep smiling and have learned the way for the last 5 years ,so l dont get surprised anymore, cheers mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list of rogue offices refusing to process non-O conversions continues to grow - now Chaiyaphum in addition to Kanchanaburi (as reported on the thread below), Jomtien and Maptaput. No doubt there are others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/10/2017 at 10:06 PM, steve187 said:

the visa if granted would start on the day of applying, so you would lose any remaining time on the SETV

Can a SETV be converted to one year non immigrant from within Thailand.?  Looking at getting a work permit.

 

if NO, can it be done from a consulate in neighbouring country, or can it only be acquired from home country?

 

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 18 November 2017 08:09
Sponsors
×