webfact

Go-go going as Chinese women fuel Thai tourism boom

59 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

That's because there's so many people there. But there's still 30-40 million less women than men. 

If there were that many extra Chinese men, wouldn't I have seen them out and about?

Hotel receptionist woman, owner woman, owners sister woman. Didn't see a man but they claimed dad owned the place.

National park, ticket office lady, ticket barrier lady.

In the park lots of attractive women posing and taking selfies.

At the train station, all women at the ticket counters, airport shuttle bus driver woman.

Local supermarket 5 women sales and cashiers, no men.

A couple of m/c taxi drivers were men, local bus drivers men.

Where are all these excess Chinese men?

Hiding at home? I mostly encountered women.

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

If there were that many extra Chinese men, wouldn't I have seen them out and about?

Hotel receptionist woman, owner woman, owners sister woman. Didn't see a man but they claimed dad owned the place.

National park, ticket office lady, ticket barrier lady.

In the park lots of attractive women posing and taking selfies.

At the train station, all women at the ticket counters, airport shuttle bus driver woman.

Local supermarket 5 women sales and cashiers, no men.

A couple of m/c taxi drivers were men, local bus drivers men.

Where are all these excess Chinese men?

Hiding at home? I mostly encountered women.

Woman, woman women , Chinese woman, Thai woman,woman , woman woman

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

They didn't compile their population statistics using the data from your recent trip. 

• Haha 2

So the Americans gave Thailand the sex trade, I don't think so, If you look at Thailand's history you will find that it has been going on for hundreds of years, it wasn't till Victorian era that Thai women started wearing tops, and the trade for sex workers was considered a worthwhile career, when young to be allowed to entertain the 'warriors' at the different camps. US troops R&R in Pattaya was for peace and relaxing on the beach during tours. Guess who told the women to go entertain them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2017 at 2:04 PM, EricTh said:

Thailand should thank the Chinese for shedding its sex capital image which the Americans and Europeans gave them.

Not sure that this is an accurate description of the origin of this 'image'?  When I looked up the history of the sex trade in Thailand, the references go back hundreds of years.  The industry proliferated during the Japanese occupation and expanded during the Vietnam war.  But South Vietnam was quite famous for the sex trade, following the end of that conflict, the US servicemen as customers dissappeared.  

On 12/17/2017 at 11:39 AM, phetpeter said:

So the Americans gave Thailand the sex trade, I don't think so, If you look at Thailand's history you will find that it has been going on for hundreds of years, it wasn't till Victorian era that Thai women started wearing tops, and the trade for sex workers was considered a worthwhile career, when young to be allowed to entertain the 'warriors' at the different camps. US troops R&R in Pattaya was for peace and relaxing on the beach during tours. Guess who told the women to go entertain them?

Sorry, just repeated your point below.  Didn't properly peruse the posts.  Mea culpa.

On 10/21/2017 at 2:17 AM, ksamuiguy said:

Looking for husbands!

Shortage of men in China, one child policy was a disaster.

On the contrary, men outweigh women in China by over 15%.  It's men who have problems finding wives...but yes you are right about the one child policy.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, ericthai said:

backbone of the country??? maybe backbone of the tourist industry. 

Neither backbone of the country or the tourist industry.

Most tourists to LOS will never have any dealing whatsoever with the sex industry, other than perhaps having a foot massage from a girl that might offer extras if asked.

30 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

On the contrary, men outweigh women in China by over 15%.  It's men who have problems finding wives...but yes you are right about the one child policy.

Why was it a disaster? The whole point was so less people would be born and that was successful. Unfortunately they decided to give up and let the population increase again.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:17 PM, ksamuiguy said:

Looking for husbands!

Shortage of men in China, one child policy was a disaster.

Actually you've got it backwards: with the preference for boy babies, the Chinese tended to abort girls, so there's a serious imbalance--more boys and men than girls and young women. So the average Joe without looks or money is a very lonely Joe in China.

It is nice that finally in recent years, Chinese women have been getting to be more and more independent, and travelling to other countries on their own or with female friends. I am wishing the same for all nationalities.

Edited by JemJem

28 minutes ago, The manic said:

Last week a a group of 10 Chinese girls and women were having a great time in a go go bar in walking st.

Probably Malaysians