Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
JohnJay

One day late for 90 day report

I have very stupidly forgot to check the date of my 90 day report. I have just checked it and my deadline is the 22nd (this Sunday). I have driven to the visa office and I'm too late, it's closed. 

If I go to the visa office first thing Monday (23rd), am I in store for a fine? Or will it be OK? At the Pattaya/jomtien visa office 

Update, the visa office is closed on Monday, I need to go on Tuesday and apparently I will not get a fine for that. 

Is the 22nd the date your report is due or is it the 7th day after your report date that you can do it without being fined 2000 baht?

It is a immigration office not a visa office where you do the report.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is the 22nd the date your report is due or is it the 7th day after your report date that you can do it without being fined 2000 baht?

It is a immigration office not a visa office where you do the report.

Yes my report is due on the 22nd this Sunday. They told me at the immigration office I can do the report on the 24th and they won't fine me, but if I go on the 25th or later it's 500 baht per day fine. 

28 minutes ago, JohnJay said:

Update, the visa office is closed on Monday, I need to go on Tuesday and apparently I will not get a fine for that. 

You should be able to report on Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday without being fined. Friday is your last day.

49 minutes ago, JohnJay said:

Yes my report is due on the 22nd this Sunday. They told me at the immigration office I can do the report on the 24th and they won't fine me, but if I go on the 25th or later it's 500 baht per day fine. 

Actually the 7th day is Saturday the 28th but the office will be closed. You can do it on the 24th, 25th or the 27th.

There is no daily fine for for late reporting it is normally a 2000 baht fine. The 500 baht a day fine is for overstaying your permit to stay.

• Like 2

I was 14 days late one time, NOTHING happened. In fact I waited in the car during the entire process and my significant other, "rep",  sorted it ALL out in less than an hour and that INCLUDES renewing my one year ret.visa. Piece of piss, cheap as chips as they say.

One day over is nothing to be concerned with.

You'all be cool...

17 hours ago, JohnJay said:

The 500 baht a day fine would be if you are late applying for an extension of your permission to stay. Everyone seems to be assuming that you are referring to your report of longer than 90 days continuously in Thailand. I am nearly sure of that also,, but make sure you understand the critical difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan5 said:

A humorous incident I witnessed. I was in the front row waiting for my number to come up. People would go to this one IO's counter with their 90 day a couple days late. This IO would tell them they had to pay 3000 Baht. They'd tell her about the 7 day grace period and she would yell at them. So a line formed outside her supervisor's office. Eventually her supervisor came out to talk to her. But she argued with her supervisor heatedly. Finally someone higher up came in and talked to her and finally she relented. By the time I got to her, she accepted my late 90 without comment. She really wanted to collect those 3000 fines.

It was lucky her superior knew the rules, and she was not a popular member of staff they would back up even if wrong to stop her losing face.

• Like 1

Immigration are disgustingly corrupt. There are so many idiots that feel intimidated and are unwilling to stand up for their rights. I've been asked countless times for bribes or even if I wanted the change. Every time I refuse. I knew one guy who paid 2000 bhat every 90 days as they asked him to. 

Khon Kaen Office even had a tip box and I saw people actually putting money in it! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A inflammatory post and and a reply to it has been removed.

1 hour ago, Muzarella said:

No worry. Just go Monday.

I assume you did not read the posts stating immigration is closed on Monday.

6 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Immigration are disgustingly corrupt. There are so many idiots that feel intimidated and are unwilling to stand up for their rights. I've been asked countless times for bribes or even if I wanted the change. Every time I refuse. I knew one guy who paid 2000 bhat every 90 days as they asked him to. 

Khon Kaen Office even had a tip box and I saw people actually putting money in it! 

I've been here 8 years and never had a problem with immigration or seen any evidence of corruption. But maybe that's because I'm in Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1