Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Another Pattaya own goal as tourists falling out of the new beach chairs

13 hours ago, bubba45 said:

Why is Chang sponsoring if drinking alcohol on the beach is illegal?

12 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Beer is banned from the beach but Chang are sponsoring them!!!!! Duh...

Beer is banned from the beaches but Chang is sponsoring them!?!?!? Duh....

Water!!! Duh

14 hours ago, Arandora said:

Seems like soistalker has been at the Changs!!! 

We've sat on these type of loungers on sand in Khao Lak and on beaches in other countries. Pretty standard - and safe! The point about the pads on them being too hot is equally ridiculous as most people lie on a towel not the bare pad if it is made of vinyl like these. 

Why should I have to bring a towel ( and the hotel may object if I take theirs ) when I never used to have to? The old style did the job, was more suitable for the Thai style of beach going, and was at a reasonable price. An increase of over 100% is not justifiable.

One poster actually said we could take a big towel, meaning I suppose a beach towel, so they expect us to go and buy a beach towel just to pay more on a beach where there aren't enough umbrellas to keep the sun off.

The thing about this thread that struck me, is that most of the posters supporting the new chairs are newbies, with few posts, and some apparently don't even live in Pattaya. When I see long established and well known posters supporting them, I'll accept it's the tourists fault, and not that the chairs were a mistake.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Water!!! Duh

Water is the first thing that springs to mind when I see Chang advertising. Perhaps they are just promoting a national symbol of the Country and entice tourists to take an elephant ride.   Absurd to think they are promoting alcohol.

23 hours ago, xerostar said:

I see they've retained the crappy old side tables to compliment the garish new colour scheme, thus spoiling any atmosphere of luxury that was intended LOL.

Sent from my SM-N915F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"Luxury" in Pattaya.........hard to believe :cheesy:

If the Pattaya powers that be actually did fix everything there is to be fixed, and popularity could be charted, my guess is there would be a precisely opposite correlation between 'newbies' saying how great Pattaya is and old farts slagging the place off as usual.  

The seats look good to me.  Nice brolly providing a decent bit of shade and pretty obvious from the picture that the sun is quite low so time to go for a beer anyway.  

18 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Seen a lot of Ozzie guys on the beach and around town,  falling over after two stubby's.

I think this is the norm. as well.  :giggle:

I call BS on this..... but if it is true, they are disgracing the country and should be put on the first plane home.... no if, but’s or maybes...

oh... and their passports should be suspended until they can remain upright until being able to consume a minimum of 12 stubbys

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I call BS on this..... but if it is true, they are disgracing the country and should be put on the first plane home.... no if, but’s or maybes...

oh... and their passports should be suspended until they can remain upright until being able to consume a minimum of 12 stubbys

Perhaps what he is referring is two Darwin stubbies

• Like 1

Comedy Platinum this thread. They are sun loungers used the world over all probably vary marginally different as my three at my mothers holiday home are. They are used on hard surface and sand the world over. I suspect the beef is that it appears to be 100 a use which is still cheap frankly if you go to any other worldwide resort

If you're a fat bugger dont make your problem the vendors problem.....take a beach towel and sit on the sand

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Comedy Platinum this thread. They are sun loungers used the world over all probably vary marginally different as my three at my mothers holiday home are. They are used on hard surface and sand the world over. I suspect the beef is that it appears to be 100 a use which is still cheap frankly if you go to any other worldwide resort

If you're a fat bugger dont make your problem the vendors problem.....take a beach towel and sit on the sand

What has any other worldwide resort got to do with it? The subject is in Pattaya, and I see you don't mind paying over 100% more for the same experience. Many do and the people that will suffer are the vendors.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What has any other worldwide resort got to do with it? The subject is in Pattaya, and I see you don't mind paying over 100% more for the same experience. Many do and the people that will suffer are the vendors.

Because I'm not a cheap charlie..... if you cant tell the difference between a deckchair and a proper sun lounger thats not my issue.....in addition on occasions its completely relevant to compare like with like and sun loungers in europe are certainly up to 3 times as expensive and I've used them in Skiathos

So I have no problem in paying double for a proper sun lounger experience if thats all right with you

• Like 1

100THB is OK for the whole day but not of you just want to sit down for a few hours. Why not have a choice anyway. Chairs and beds I personally want chairs but each to there own. And why not charge 10THB a hour that's a better idea of you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bubba45 said:

Why is Chang sponsoring if drinking alcohol on the beach is illegal?

Drinking other Chang products on the beach is not illegal, neither is advertising the Chang brand.

18 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Beer is banned from the beach but Chang are sponsoring them!!!!! Duh...

Beer is banned from the beaches but Chang is sponsoring them!?!?!? Duh....

There's a lot more to the Chang brand than beer!  Duh...