Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Another Pattaya own goal as tourists falling out of the new beach chairs

Nothing wrong with the new chairs, I tested one myself the other day. People complainng are too drunk to sit still.

• Like 2

There's a lot more to the Chang brand than beer!  Duh...
Oh yes every time I look at the Chang logo I think of water or elephants.

Duh

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Didn't this initiative come from city hall?  If so why is there a sponsor at all.  Would have preferred to see the city logo and some sort of decorating consistant with being a resort in Thailand.  I mean why Chang.? Why not Singha? Why not Marlboro for that matter seeing how smoking is also banned?

Dose anyone know of they are having them in Jomtien as well?

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

Dose anyone know of they are having them in Jomtien as well?

Maybe Pattaya beach is a testing ground and if they are successful they could end up in Jomtien and Wongamat too.

This weekend; Loy Krathong included; could be interesting.

100THB is OK for the whole day but not of you just want to sit down for a few hours. Why not have a choice anyway. Chairs and beds I personally want chairs but each to there own. And why not charge 10THB a hour that's a better idea of you ask me.

Well you can't drink alcohol or smoke or eat so you should end up actually being miles in front

On 31/10/2017 at 4:01 PM, LennyW said:

Pattaya beach is a pantomime that is set to run season after season!!

Not just Pattaya, Thailand is a pantomine......The land of 'trial and error'. Nothing is thought through because so few are able to think because so few (most educated abroad) are taught to think.

.....Oh, I nearly forgot; and even fewer give a **** anyway.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1

Not just Pattaya, Thailand is a pantomine......The land of 'trial and error'. Nothing is thought through because so few are able to think because so few (most educated abroad) are taught to think.

Judging by the thousands of expats who post about these matters it's aparantly a part of its vanishing 3rd world charm.. And here you are rushing it into 1st world thinking lol, that won't go down well with old timers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
25 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Judging by the thousands of expats who post about these matters it's aparantly a part of its vanishing 3rd world charm.. And here you are rushing it into 1st world thinking lol, that won't go down well with old timers

They may be right. I can see both sides of the coin. Most Thais seem happy enough muddling along as they are. Well they were until we sold them Consumerism! And look what we educated are doing to the World! Are we as happy as the Thais. Maybe the old saying: 'Ignorance is bliss' is right.

• Like 1

"He said that the chairs were more suitable to a hard surface and when foreigners leaned they became unstable."

I guess if you were Thai and leaned the chairs would be stable.  Or do they mean that the foreigners became unstable when they leaned and not the chairs.

new chairs cleaned up beach,i bet the thais will charge more for everything for the cost incurred over it.also falling out of them is down to the brooze for sure

13 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

new chairs cleaned up beach,i bet the thais will charge more for everything for the cost incurred over it.also falling out of them is down to the brooze for sure

Is this brooze you talk about something that occurs when mixing the sea breeze with the local ale :)

11 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Well you can't drink alcohol or smoke or eat

so you should end up actually being miles in front

Why do you people continue to say that ???

You can't smoke on the beach, same as in public parks - true -

but there is nothing that forbid you to drink alcohol or to eat on the beach !

• Like 1

Seems to me a simple solution to a blistered tush from a sunbeat mattress would be to fold them in half until someone actually sits down...

Or am I missing something?

On an aside, I've never liked the foam filled, plastic sheathed pads since they seem to get waterlogged after a few weeks of sitting out in the rain, and get speckled with mildew about the same time...

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Seems to me a simple solution to a blistered tush from a sunbeat mattress would be to fold them in half until someone actually sits down...

Or am I missing something?

On an aside, I've never liked the foam filled, plastic sheathed pads since they seem to get waterlogged after a few weeks of sitting out in the rain, and get speckled with mildew about the same time...

The Thai solution will probably be to cut the legs off all the sunbeds.............:cheesy: