Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
gnatman

Thanksgiving turkey

Thanksgiving holiday is coming up.  Does anyone know a supermarket in Chiang Rai that sells turkeys?

The first place I'd look is Makro.

Never noticed any in Tops/Central today.

Rimping has them normally. DO not know if there is one in CR. Generally, finding a good quality turkey is a problem. Has been in the past. My friend went away from Turkey and bought ? I believe there are Thai turkeys. Foreign turkeys are few and far between and expensive. If you really want good turkey you need to go to a restaurant like Duke's (in Chiang Mai). I think they get their turkeys from Rimping.

Central Market in basement, cold storage has frozen turkeys by the fish counter

17 minutes ago, OmarZaid said:

Central Market in basement, cold storage has frozen turkeys by the fish counter

I live 25k from C/Rai , is Central Market the same as Central Plaza. I too need a turkey.

1 hour ago, ebean001 said:

Rimping has them normally. DO not know if there is one in CR. Generally, finding a good quality turkey is a problem. Has been in the past. My friend went away from Turkey and bought ? I believe there are Thai turkeys. Foreign turkeys are few and far between and expensive. If you really want good turkey you need to go to a restaurant like Duke's (in Chiang Mai). I think they get their turkeys from Rimping.

Just what I was going to say. Rimping just across the river from the old city center in CM is the place to go. The store manager there went out of her way to help me find what I wanted (finally sent me to a different Rimping)

19 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

The first place I'd look is Makro.

Never noticed any in Tops/Central today.

I guess you mean "Makro".

I checked out turkeys today at Makro. They look not so good to me. I rather not having that. 

On 11/7/2017 at 9:52 AM, toofarnorth said:

I live 25k from C/Rai , is Central Market the same as Central Plaza. I too need a turkey.

Yes it is

I checked out the turkeys at Tops. On the one hand, probably the best I've ever seen in Chiang Rai. On the other hand, still a bit scrawny and pricey. Maybe I'll stick with my tradition of a nice plump duck.

• Like 1

I was in Makro yesterday, I couldn't see anything there.

They have smaller pieces of Artisan Parmesan cheese there now, 700gms for 500B which considering how well it keeps is not a bad deal.

There's a problem with the pricing though, it took a while to get it checked through which the girl seemed to decide was my fault.

• Like 1

Maybe the same for Chiang Rai but I asked in Makro Pattaya this week and the guy said "10 days, we have turkey"..

• Like 1