Jump to content
Farangdanny

Christmas Day Lunch

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, mat999 said:

We have done the Grandview Hotel near Maya twice. It is pretty good for 600 Baht. But we fancy a change this year. Any recommendations in a similar price range?

In that price range I would suggest Yummy out at Mai Hia, I believe they are doing 3 sittings.

 

If you haven't been there and want to check them out drop in Sunday lunch time and sample the roast dinner which is typically beef at 280baht or chicken and pork at 240. Excellent value.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anywhere that does roast lamb ( and all the other stuff that goes with it )with decent mint sauce available, but at a reasonable price ( under 1,000 )?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to turn my thoughts toward Christmas Dinner 2017 too! I'm quite happy to spend money on a decent buffet but would prefer somewhere with a beer-and-wine-included package as the price of a 2,000 Baht buffet can end up by spending twice that on ridiculously priced hotel plus-plus booze prices.  None of the hotels seem to be advertising these on their websites, but possibly that's due to Chiang Mai's puritanical alcohol prohibition laws.  Has anyone found a good buffet including alcoholic beverages?

 

Failing a good deal in the hotels I'll probably go to one of the pubs where the food is not as good but the drinks are cheaper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2017 at 7:09 AM, Mahseer said:

In that price range I would suggest Yummy out at Mai Hia, I believe they are doing 3 sittings.

 

If you haven't been there and want to check them out drop in Sunday lunch time and sample the roast dinner which is typically beef at 280baht or chicken and pork at 240. Excellent value.

Thanks for the suggestion, it is 750 for one of 4 sittings. Their promotional image seems to be a ham, which I never eat at Xmas, also quite far, so may keep on browsing. Or stick with Grandview which is half a mile away, with a film at Maya after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those readers that want an Xmas dinner without the huge price tag, Gekkos are doing one for 450 baht ( booze not included ). 50 baht in advance to reserve a place. Starts at 6pm.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mat999 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, it is 750 for one of 4 sittings. Their promotional image seems to be a ham, which I never eat at Xmas, also quite far, so may keep on browsing. Or stick with Grandview which is half a mile away, with a film at Maya after.

Just for the record Yummy is definitely serving turkey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the Duke's promotional poster and while it looks like a fabulous meal, it also seems that their original Mae Ping location is the only branch offering the mealDukes xmas poster 2017.jpg.  Drats.  That restaurant will be crowded and noisy.  Much prefer the open atmospheres of their Maya and Promenada locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NancyL said:

Just got the Duke's promotional poster and while it looks like a fabulous meal, it also seems that their original Mae Ping location is the only branch offering the mealDukes xmas poster 2017.jpg.  Drats.  That restaurant will be crowded and noisy.  Much prefer the open atmospheres of their Maya and Promenada locations.

No roast lamb, not even roast potatoes, so I won't be going there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No roast lamb, not even roast potatoes, so I won't be going there.

Go to Pern's.  They have lamb and potatoes every night they're open.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record, we settled on the Anantara at 3,000++ for all you can eat and all you can drink! Exactly what I was looking for. Happy days!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sharktooth said:

Any of these places have a Santa for the kids?

The Anantara does but want 1,500baht++ for 4-11 year olds. Was in there yesterday and asked them to mail me the Christmas Day brunch menu and it runs to 3 pages! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sharktooth said:

Any of these places have a Santa for the kids?

I wonder if 3 Little Pigs is doing anything. Santa seems to be there every day of the year.

 

Three+Little+Pigs+Chiang+Mai.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 19 August 2018 09:35
Sponsors
×