Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
wump

Anyone managed to get a 7card to pay cashless in 7-11?

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or people didn't use the 7-11 as a source of change, buying a single cheap item and paying with the largest denomination bill there is. I see what you talk of but mostly, if I pay with a 500 for 2-300 worth of purchases, they are quite quick. Mostly though, if there are 2-3 in front of you, you will be waiting a little, They aren't really very quick.... the way they scan things often seems hap-hazard.

I got one of the 7-11 Cards a few years ago and keep it topped up to a few hundred baht at all times . Less small change and I have no need for the stupid stamps, points are applied electronically. What ever one can exchange for equally useless. A small teacup with a Hello Kitty or Rirakuma  bear on it.

I do use 7/11 to break a nung paan. What do you expect me to do get on a Tuk Tuk to get a mai mee?

6 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I got one of the 7-11 Cards a few years ago and keep it topped up to a few hundred baht at all times . Less small change and I have no need for the stupid stamps, points are applied electronically. What ever one can exchange for equally useless. A small teacup with a Hello Kitty or Rirakuma  bear on it.

I do use 7/11 to break a nung paan. What do you expect me to do get on a Tuk Tuk to get a mai mee?

Well having change here is often a problem I can suggest more nights out on the beer then you always have pockets full of wet 100s and 20s. Although I have taken to always getting amounts from the ATM that end in 900. And some days I even go to the teller and get larger notes changed, so I have a supply of change.

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well having change here is often a problem I can suggest more nights out on the beer then you always have pockets full of wet 100s and 20s. Although I have taken to always getting amounts from the ATM that end in 900. And some days I even go to the teller and get larger notes changed, so I have a supply of change.

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or people didn't use the 7-11 as a source of change, buying a single cheap item and paying with the largest denomination bill there is. I see what you talk of but mostly, if I pay with a 500 for 2-300 worth of purchases, they are quite quick. Mostly though, if there are 2-3 in front of you, you will be waiting a little, They aren't really very quick.... the way they scan things often seems hap-hazard.

I do the ATM pulls ending in 900. The Bangkok Bank ATM is right outside anyway but not always needed.

On 11/17/2017 at 12:53 PM, dotpoom said:

Strange how different people have different experiences. I myself find people paying with a credit card annoying. The girl at the till has to do a bit of fiddleing on the cash register, then she gets a pad and a pen and hands it to the customer, he in turn has to sign that and hand it back while she is standing there waiting. Then she moves back to the till and the transaction is completed.

I am the type of person who would have the money out and ready long before getting to a till.

I will admit though, what annoys me even more are ladies who seem to act as if everything in the store is free and only realise that it has to be actually paid for when the price is rung up on the till ....then and only then do they start rooting for money in their bags....after been standing in the Q for a period of time when they could have been getting it out and have it at the ready.

Still, at the end of the day these are luxuary problems. Many in this world don't have the money to shop in a store.

again well said ......also

on bts bim and himbo's  searching for coins to put in machine when they are up  , but not before  .

Edited by mikiea

I have often seem Chinese people paying using their telephones .The cashier just scans a barcode on their telephone screen and thats it 

2 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

The scans are discounts from websites.

Which websites are those ?

Wechat, etc. Part of the "zero-baht tour" problem. If you don't read Chinese and have a China Union Account doubt you can benefit. They go to various  businesses, some of them Chinese owned front companies with Thai nominees owned and get a discount, paid directly from some site.

7/11 is Thai owned but of course they are getting paid too. You really think Thailand would allow hordes of Chinese following flags otherwise? The Chinese sometimes go to Chiang Mai bars and pull girls but they don't buy houses, gold, and useless bottom lands for them at inflated prices. They don't become regulars shining a bar stool with their backside for years and in turn supporting multiple families.  They don"t go in for stuffing their gobs with Christmas Dinners from Chez Pierres' quaffing expensive wines at triple market prices.

But still Chinese and Asians of all nations are preferred over the Western tourist. Why is that ? Overall they must be spending more, the bottom line. Thais are not stupid.

Edited by ChiangMaiLightning2143
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, wump said:

I spent quite some time in Thailand and for 1000 they don't have change in the till for I'd say over 80% of cases.

Maybe in quiet ones, but the ones I use would make 1,000 baht in small change every 10 to 15 minutes, so they aren't going to be going under the counter.

I often buy something small to break a 1,000 bill in 7 11 because I know they always have lots of money.

• Like 1